Weinstein Hired For SEC Municipals Office
- Haines Joins SEC's Muni Securities Office. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p5
Reports on former bond counsel Martha Mahan Haines' appointment as an attorney-fellow of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's Office of Municipal Securities. Haines' municipal finance practice before joining the agency; Work experience in the bond market.
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.
- A Man for This Season. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Considers whether William Donaldson is the right man to be the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Chief reason the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush believes he is the right man for the job; Donaldson's achievements.
- Goldschmid to join SEC as general counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p32
Announces that Harvey J. Goldschmid, a Columbia University law school professor, will join the United States Securities and Exchange Commission as general counsel. Career background; Goldschmid's work on the American Bar Association's Task Force on Lawyers' Political Contributions.
- SL attorney awaits confirmation of nomination to SEC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p5
States that Norman S. Johnson a Salt Lake City, Utah attorney is awaiting approval of his nomination to serve as one of five commissioners of the Securities Exchange Commission in Washington, District of Colombia. Approval by the United States Senate; Length of term of commissioner; Information...
- PITT APPOINTED SEC CHAIR. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the appointment of securities lawyer Harvey L. Pitt as chairman of the United States (U.S.) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on August 3, 2001. What Pitt told during his confirmation hearing at the U.S. Senate Banking Committee; Goals of Pitt; Annual salary he earned before...
- A TRIBUTE TO SEC CHAIRMAN ARTHUR LEVITT. Waxman, Robert N. // CPA Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p9
Pays tribute to United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt. His level of activism on behalf of the individual investor; Controversy over his auditor independence proposal; Desire to make information understandable and available.
- Cutler Named Acting Enforcement Heat at SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/13/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31180, p42
Reports that Stephen M. Cutler was named acting director of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's enforcement division. Replacement of Richard H. Walker; Career background.
- WRONG KIND OF FIGURES GRABBING WORKERS' EYES. Casale, Jeff; Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;2/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p23
The article focuses on a report published in the February 2010 issue of "Washington Times" which revealed the investigations conducted to several employees and contractors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) during the past two years after they were seen watching pornography on...