GFOA Debt Panel Leaders Oppose TBMA's Call for Study
- GFOA panel gives nod to TBMA proposal. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p4
Reports on the Government Finance Officers Association's debt committee's (GFOA) implementation of a resolution that would endorse The Bond Market Association's tax-exempt municipal investment conduit proposal. GFOA's cash management committee's rejection of the plan of adopting a recommended...
- TBMA Will Work With GFOA To Resolve Disclaimer Issue. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p1
Reports that the United States-based Bond Market Association (BMA) plans to coordinate with the Government Finance Officers Association to resolve the controversy over disclaimers as of March 20, 2000. Background on the disclaimer language developed by the BMA.
- GFOA, TBMA find common ground, differences. Beer, Kieran // Bond Buyer;02/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30574, p35
Relates Government Finance Officers Association and The Bond Market Association (TBMA) representatives' discussion of municipal bond-related issues. Debt committee's agreement to support a pet legislative initiative of TBMA; Discussion of the Tax-Exempt Municipal Investment Conduits.
- GFOA panel opposes disclaimer approved by TBMA this month. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association has opposed the disclaimer approved by the Bond Market Association in the United States. Voluntary inclusion of disclosure disclaimers by underwriters in bond offerings.
- GFOA panel to seek new electronic disclosure report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p1
Focuses on the call by the Government Finance Officers Association for another electronic disclosure report due to its dissatisfaction with an industry task force report on electronic disclosure in the United States. Report's recommendation that bond issuers use only hypertext markup language as...
- TBMA issues draft underwriters' disclosure disclaimer. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p29
Reports that the Bond Market Association has released a draft of a standardized disclosure disclaimer that an underwriter could include in an official statement in the United States. Need for a standardized language; Basic principles underlying the draft.
- TBMA Seeks to Reconcile Disclaimer Policies With GFOA. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p5
Reports on The Bond Market Association (TBMA) Chairman Ann Kaplan's plan to meet with the heads of the Government Finance Officers Association and the National Association of Bond Lawyers to resolve disagreement over disclosure disclaimers. Debate over the issue of underwriters using disclosure...
- Task force head, GFOA to discuss differences over report. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p5
Focuses on a dispute over the use of hypertext markup language as the standard format for issuers' secondary market municipal disclosures. Disagreement between Bond Market Association task force head Joanne Mays Becker and the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA); GFOA chairman Arthur...
- GFOA Committee to review TBMA secondary market conduit proposal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30425, p54
Focuses on the plan by the Government Finance Officers Association to work with the Bond Market Association, National Association of Bond Lawyers and the National Federation of Municipal Analysts on a proposal that would ease the packaging of municipal debt for the secondary market. Features of...