- MONITORS Thin is in. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p46
Deals with liquid crystal display (LCD) computer monitors available in the market, as of June 2004. Tips on choosing LCD monitors; Advantages and disadvantages of LCD and cathode-ray tube monitors; Ratings of several LCD monitors available in the market.
- What's on your wall? Putman, Peter // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p11
The article presents information related to reference or plasma monitors. It is stated that liquid crystal displays (LCDs) use liquid crystal compounds that align with changes in voltage to pass or block white light. Ultraviolet light is emitted when electricity is discharged through plasma...
- APPLE 30" CINEMA DISPLAY. Kenworthy, Christopher // Metro;Winter2005, Issue 145, p170
The article focuses on the 30" Cinema Display, a monitor from Apple Computer Inc. When Apple announced the 30" Cinema Display, it was made clear that this screen was intended for pro users, from the Mac and PC camps. The screen is certainly one of the best, and is perhaps the leading Liquid...
- Dell 2405FPW. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Oct2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p53
Evaluates the liquid crystal display monitor Dell 2405FPW. Features of the product; Cost of the product.
- Monitor Cleaners May Harm Screens. Roth, Michael; Bouman, Amber; Arar, Yardena // PCWorld;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p50
The article presents the case of a computer user who used a CompUSA LCD/CRT Cleaning Kit from CompUSA Inc. to clean the screen of his Dell 18-inch liquid crystal display monitor. After using the cleaning kit, the customer noticed the discoloration of the screen. The product's packaging does not...
- Viewing pleasure. // Stuff;Jan2009, Issue 118, Special section p18
The article evaluates several liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors from ASUSTek Computer Inc. including VK266H LCD widescreen, LS221H LCD monitor and MK241H LCD monitor.
- DREAM SCREENS. Ring, Bennett // APC (Bauer Media Group);Apr2013, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on new developments in computer monitor or displays. It is said that its is now easy to buy a bigger and faster display at an affordable price. It is said that the popularity of liquid crystal display (LCD) TVs have increased significantly and their mass production is...
- Choosing a ... Monitor. // Computer Shopper;Jan2013, Issue 299, p68
The article offers tips on choosing a monitor. The cost of a basic 22-inch liquid crystal display (LCD) monitor is around 90 British pounds. It suggests that larger monitors are easier on the eye and provide a larger resolution. Reviews of several monitors, projectors and home cinema equipment...
- AOC LM729. // Australian Personal Computer;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p83
AOCs LM729 is unique in that the screen can be rotated 90" for portrait orientation. While there are no controls to rotate your displayed image, many display drivers will do the job. When the monitor is rotated though, you don't get the sense of stereo from the built-in speakers. In addition to...