MOVING TO SATA
- MORE, BETTER RAID. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p35
The article describes SATA II technology that is expected to reduce the prices of high-speed interfaces, such as, the small computer system interface (SCSI). One such technology is LaCie's Biggest S2S, a five-bay redundant array of independent discs (RAID) tower, offering up to 2.5TB capacity in...
- USB 3.0 hard drives. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p14
The article evaluates several computer hard drives including Seagate Freeagent Goflex Pro Ultra-Portable 500GB, Lacie Rugged USB 3.0 500GB and Iomega Ego Desktop Hard Drive Superspeed 1TB.
- TenXpert Lowers NetStor Product Prices. // Computers in Libraries;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
Announces lower pricing and additional models of NetStor CD/DVD Storage Appliance products by TenXpert Technologies. Features of the NetStor-LT; Status of TenXpert as the only CD/DVD server that supports towers, recording, and the major brands of jukeboxes up to 600 CDs.
- Chameleon Screwless USB 2.0 2.5in HDD enclosure. // Australian PC User;May2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p60
Evaluates the Screwless USB 2.0 2.5-inch hard drive enclosure from Chameleon. Description; Ease of installation and quality.
- Local Bus. // Network Dictionary;2007, p289
A definition for the term "local bus" is presented. Local bus is also known as internal data bus, system bus, or front-side bus. It connects all the internal components of a computer, such as CPU and memory, to the motherboard. The local bus is typically rather quick and is independent of the...
- Hard disk booms at AES. Nelson, Terry // Pro Sound News;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
Reports that hard disk recording systems were the most popular piece of equipment featured by the music industry at the 99th AES Convention in New York, which was held October 1995. Increased perceptions of the equipment; Information on various hard disk equipment.
- Step by step. Rutter, Daniel // Australian Personal Computer;Jun98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p155
Presents information on the use of partitions in computer hard disks. Details on the uses of the partition of a hard drive; Information on the hard disk partition table; Installation of multiple operating systems; Process in setting up two or more operating systems. INSET: Popular file systems...
- Add a removable-cartridge drive. Miastkowski, Stan // PC World;Aug1998, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p282
Offers complete `how to' instructions for adding a removable cartridge drive to a personal computer.
- Gargantuan drives. C.O. // Popular Science;Feb98, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the development of hard drives that can hold as much as 16.8 gigabytes of information. Details of IBM's giant magnetoresistive (GMR) technology; Size of hard drives being marketed by other computer companies as of January 1998.