MOVING TO SATA
- MORE, BETTER RAID. Ochiva, Dan // Millimeter;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p35
The article describes SATA II technology that is expected to reduce the prices of high-speed interfaces, such as, the small computer system interface (SCSI). One such technology is LaCie's Biggest S2S, a five-bay redundant array of independent discs (RAID) tower, offering up to 2.5TB capacity in...
- USB 3.0 hard drives. Taylor, Nathan // Australian PC User;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p14
The article evaluates several computer hard drives including Seagate Freeagent Goflex Pro Ultra-Portable 500GB, Lacie Rugged USB 3.0 500GB and Iomega Ego Desktop Hard Drive Superspeed 1TB.
- TenXpert Lowers NetStor Product Prices. // Computers in Libraries;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
Announces lower pricing and additional models of NetStor CD/DVD Storage Appliance products by TenXpert Technologies. Features of the NetStor-LT; Status of TenXpert as the only CD/DVD server that supports towers, recording, and the major brands of jukeboxes up to 600 CDs.
- Chameleon Screwless USB 2.0 2.5in HDD enclosure. // Australian PC User;May2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p60
Evaluates the Screwless USB 2.0 2.5-inch hard drive enclosure from Chameleon. Description; Ease of installation and quality.
- They Make a Good Case. Spiker, Ted // Men's Health;May2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p60
Evaluates several laptop computer cases from Pearl Izumi, Mountainsmith and Victorinox.
- Local Bus. // Network Dictionary;2007, p289
A definition for the term "local bus" is presented. Local bus is also known as internal data bus, system bus, or front-side bus. It connects all the internal components of a computer, such as CPU and memory, to the motherboard. The local bus is typically rather quick and is independent of the...
- Step by step. Rutter, Daniel // Australian Personal Computer;Jun98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p155
Presents information on the use of partitions in computer hard disks. Details on the uses of the partition of a hard drive; Information on the hard disk partition table; Installation of multiple operating systems; Process in setting up two or more operating systems. INSET: Popular file systems...
- Add a removable-cartridge drive. Miastkowski, Stan // PC World;Aug1998, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p282
Offers complete `how to' instructions for adding a removable cartridge drive to a personal computer.
- Gargantuan drives. C.O. // Popular Science;Feb98, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the development of hard drives that can hold as much as 16.8 gigabytes of information. Details of IBM's giant magnetoresistive (GMR) technology; Size of hard drives being marketed by other computer companies as of January 1998.