TURNKEY COLOR CORRECTION
- Da Vinci Systems' Resolve V3.2 and Splice. // American Cinematographer;Aug2006, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p84
The article evaluates the Resolve V3.2 and Splice nonlinear color-enhancement systems from Da Vinci Systems, and offers information on the products' features, specifications, and advantages.
- Edit Center cuts to DV chase. Ross, Matthew M. // Daily Variety;7/30/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 40, p24
Reports on the use of digital video at New York City's The Edit Center. Application of digital video in commercial filmmaking; Drawbacks of the technique; Release of Apple Computer Inc.'s software Final Cut Pro; High-profile projects at the center.
- WORKING WITH NONLINEAR VIDEO ASSISTANTS. Bayes, Steve // DV: Digital Video;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p28
This article offers advice on how to work with nonlinear video assistants. Film assistants handle all the day-to-day requirements of film handling, organization, and preparation for the editor. Anything that is required to prepare the suite for the editor and for the smooth transition from one...
- WORK, IN PROGRESS. Reed, Kimberly // DV: Digital Video;Mar2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
This article talks about the implications of the reduction in the prices of digital video for video professionals. The key question is: How can video professionals keep making money when their tools become a commodity? This question is answered by Walter Murch, who said that the craft should be...
- Detection of objects from video images using background subtraction. Hiroaki Kai; Jungpil Shin; Hsien-Chou Liao // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Oct2012, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p25
The purpose of this study is to detect objects from video images. It seems that this research investigates visitor's interest in the shop, and is useful for marketing purposes. We used a method called background subtraction for the realization of the system to detect objects from video images....
- Mastering video, part 4. Byrne, Seamus // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2006, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p118
In this article, the author offers concepts related to the digital video and image editing technology. The main concepts explained in the article include splicing-in, life, ripple editing, rolling and sliding. How these concepts work on various application software like Adobe's Premiere Pro,...
- Digital Content Producer's The Briefing Room. // Digital Content Producer;Jan2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p14
The article offers news briefs related to digital content producer industry in the U.S. Blastwave FX announced the release of its new 18 gigabit high-definition sound-effects library called Revolver. Absolute Post has created an entirely computer graphics-based spot for BBH London, mimicking...
- SCREENTECH. Jones, Mike // Screen Education;2005, Issue 37, p171
The article discusses the issues related to the digital cinema. Shooting in digital is becoming more and more common. For docos, indies and others at the cheaper end of the filmmaking spectrum, digital shooting is firmly entrenched. At the higher end the creep is slower but nonetheless...
- Particular: 3D Plug-In. Silverman, Matt // DV: Digital Video;Mar2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p32
Evaluates the Particular 3D Plug-In for Adobe After Effects in film editing, from Trapcode. Features; Limitations in obstructions and bounce objects; Ease of use.