- Sumatra Revealed as Softimage XSI. Donelan, Jenny // Computer Graphics World;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
Reports that Softimage Inc. has introduced its animation software called Sumatra. Product features; Installation requirements; Price.
- Softimage Adds Behavioral Animation. // Computer Graphics World;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the introduction of a behavioral animation system Softimage/Behavior system, that creates characters which respond to other objects or characters in their environment, by software developer Softimage Inc. Tools available to animators for controlling characters in the system; Features...
- Gear for Gearheads. Ochiva, Dan // Video Systems;Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p33
Features several computer software for computer animation. Key features of Maya 5 from Alias; Capabilities of Softimage/XSI 3.5 from Softimage Inc.; Application of Lustre, a 2K digital color grading system for digital intermediate work from Discreet.
- Softimage Ships XSI Version 5.0. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p4
The article informs that a subsidiary of Avid Technology Inc., Softimage Inc. has debuted Version 5.0 of its XSI animation software, capable of running on 32-bit and 64-bit central processing units. With the release of Version 5.0, Softimage Inc. modified XSI to take advantage of the increased...
- SIGGRAPH 2005 Editors' Picks. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on various products related to computer graphics and animation. NewTek Inc. has released the 64-bit port of the LightWave 3D computer software. In addition to productivity gains, artists benefit from the ability to create more complex, realistic, and high-resolution images...
- Avid Previews 64-bit Softimage XSI. Howard, Courtney E. // Computer Graphics World;Jun2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p4
This article reports that Softimage Inc. and its parent company, Avid Technology Inc., previewed a native 64-bit version of Softimage XSI during Microsoft's Windows Hardware Engineering Conference (WinHEC), held in Seattle, Washington. WinHEC attendees were among the first to witness a prototype...
- SoftimagelXSI 4. Maestri, George // Computer Graphics World;Sep2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p46
Reviews the computer software Softimage/XSI4 by Softimage Inc.
- Famous Upgrades Facial Animation Software. // Computer Graphics World;Feb2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p11
Introduces version 1.5 of the FamousFaces facial animation program from Famous Technologies. Product capabilities; Addition of multiple input support; System requirements.
- Softer, smaller, cheaper. Pennington, Adrian // Televisual;Aug2004, p42
Reports on the trends in the use of computer software in film production. Softimage Inc.'s XSI 4 which include a crowd behavioral tool, a batch-processing module with a software development kit; Three dimensional animation using artificial intelligence engines for character manipulation; Curious...