- Storage Firsts. // Storage Magazine;May2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p12
The article presents an update on the computer storage industry in the U.S. as of May 2004. First iSCSI (Ethernet)-to-SCSI bridge to be certified with CA BrightStor ARC-serve Backup r11 for Windows. With the iPBridge, it is possible to hook up existing SCSI storage resources to an Internet...
- Studio Network Solutions' Next-Gen Storage. Masciarotte, Oliver // Mix;May2004, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p66
Discusses the workability of Storage Area Networks (SAN) as specialized storage systems that allow multi-user access. Comparison with the function of server-attached storage; Adoption of barrier that the high cost of traidtional SANs impose; Application of SCSI protocols.
- HP ProLiant iSCSI Pack Kicks DAS. Apicella, Mario // InfoWorld;6/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p26
Evaluates the HP ProLiant Storage Server Internet small computer systems interface Feature Pack (IFP) from Hewlett-Packard. Version of the IFP; Features of the Application Storage Manager expert system included in the IFP; Installation and configuration processes.
- FalconStor Blocks for Windows Filers. Apicella, Mario // InfoWorld;6/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p27
Evaluates the FalconStor Intenet small computer systems interface Storage Server 1.5 from FalconStor. Number of slots for serial advanced technology attachment drives; Installation and configuration processes; Application and file storage management capabilities.
- iSCSI beats the alternative. Duplessie, Steve // Storage Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p72
Discusses the application of the integrated Small Computer System Interface (SCSI). Background on Fibre Channel standards; Benefits from SCSI applications; Tips on implementing storage area networks.
- NEW OFFERINGS BUILD SANs USING IP NETWORKS. Kovar, Joseph F. // CRN;9/12/2005, Issue 1162, p56
The article reports that two storage vendors StoneFly Networks Inc. and JMR Electronics Inc. have recently introduced new ways to build storage area networks using IP networks instead of expensive Fibre Channel networks. With its ValueSAN, StoneFly is looking to deliver a SAN at a price of less...
- SAN and NAS: A practical guide. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p28
Explains the use of storage area networks and network-attached storage devices. Connection of computers to the remote storage device using small computer system interface in storage area networks; Computer network protocol employed by network-storage devices; Benefits of using network storage...
- NetApp's bid for grid. Hope, Michele // Network World;4/24/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p74
The article focuses on the innovative products provided by NetApp in the U.S. According to NetApp CEO Dan Warmenhoven, their company, which had made its name in the early 1990s for its network-attached storage systems, was not been for storage managers who just want the lowest cost per gigabyte....
- Serial SAN: The Bright future of Serials. Kumhar, S. R. Prasana // Siliconindia;May2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses the Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface (SAS) Switches& Expanders as the basic building block of cost effective Storage Area Networks for small and medium business. With a 3 Gigabytes per second (Gbps) of throughput and the possibility for 6 Gbps, the author...