MAKING DL HIT ITS MARKS
- Compressed-sensing recovery of multiview image and video sequences using signal prediction. Trocan, Maria; Tramel, Eric; Fowler, James; Pesquet, Beatrice // Multimedia Tools & Applications;Sep2014, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p95
In the compressed sensing of multiview images and video sequences, signal prediction is incorporated into the reconstruction process in order to exploit the high degree of interview and temporal correlation common to multiview scenarios. Instead of recovering each individual frame independently,...
- Integrated Video Filter Drivers Score Big with Gamers. Brandenburg, Debbie // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p27
No abstract available.
- HD-video encoding with DSP and FPGA partitioning. Cheng Peng; Tran, Thanh // EDN Europe;Jun2007, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p44
The article presents a research on high-definition (HD) video encoding with digital signal processor (DSP) and field programmable gate array (FPGA) partitioning. The implementation of a scalable video-encoding architecture that includes DSPs and FPGAs as coprocessors aimed to offload certain...
- Video Genre Classification Using Support Vector Machine Ensemble. Hamed, Ahmed A. M.; Zhang Xiaoming; Cheng Xu; Renfa Li // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p191
Due to the widening semantic gap of videos, computational tools to classify these videos into different genre are highly needed to narrow it. Classifying Videos accurately demands good representation of video data, and efficient and effective model to curry out the classification task. This...
- HD-video encoding with DSP and FPGA partitioning. Cheng Peng; Tran, Thanh // EDN;4/26/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p55
The article discusses video and imaging applications using digital signal processing (DSP) and field-programmable gate array (FPGA) partitioning. The partitioned system which include both DSP and FPGA are used in high definition (HD) videos. In video encoding, many approaches may be employed...
- Transform coding. Whitaker, Jerry // Broadcast Engineering;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p14
Discusses a coding technique in digital video called transform coding and how it is used in motion-JPEG and MPEG applications. Application of planar transform; Interframe transform coding.
- ADVC-100. Seff, Jonathan // Macworld;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p43
Evaluates the ADVC-100 digital video converter from Canopus. Design of the converter; Overview of how the converter works; Cost.
- Innovation at Imagina. Moltenbrey, Karen // Computer Graphics World;Apr99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p48
Presents a selection of stills submitted to the 1999 Prix Prixel-INA competition held during the Imagina imaging festival in Monaco. Competition's recognition of innovations in film production by independent artists, students, and small studios; `Meremanoid,' directed by Pascal Roulin and...
- Perfecting the Pan and Scam Effect. DEL VECCHIO, PAUL // Videomaker;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p48
The article offers step-by-step instructions for using the pan-and-scan technique in combining still photographs with moving images.