- Zoic Takes Firefly From TV to Film. Argy, Stephanie // American Cinematographer;Oct2005, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p79
Focuses on the film "Serenity," based on the television program "Firefly". Visual-effects created by Loni Peristere and his colleagues at Zoic Studios; Changes involved in strengthening Zoic's infrastructure to accommodate larger images.
- SERENITY NOW? Jensen, Jeff; Bernardin, Marc; Bierly, Mandi; Boeth, Jennifer; Brown, Scott; Cruz, Clarissa; Daly, Steve; Dombal, Ryan; Drumming, Neil; Feitelberg, Amy; Fiore, Raymond; Flynn, Gillian; Fonseca, Nicholas; Gunatilaka, Tim; Katz, Paul; Karger, Dave; Kirschling, Gregory; Kung, Michelle; Labrecque, Jeff; Miller, Nancy // Entertainment Weekly;8/19/2005, Issue 834, p56
Previews the film "Serenity," directed by Joss Whedon.
- Marvel find its man for 'Avengers' helm. Kit, Borys // Hollywood Reporter;4/14/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the final negotiation made by Joss Whedon to helm the movie version of the Marvel's all-star superhero team "The Avengers."
- Serenity. Mangels, Andy // Just Out;9/16/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p38
Reviews the motion picture "Serenity," written and directed by Joss Whedon.
- SERENITY. Brown, Scott // Entertainment Weekly;10/14/2005, Issue 844/845, p129
Reviews the motion picture "Serenity," directed by Joss Whedon.
- take the sky. Whittle, Kate // Missoula Independent;1/8/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p30
No abstract available.
- SERENITY Virtual Vertigo. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p40
Details the creation of the film "Serenity," directed by Joss Whedon. Background of the film; Development of computer graphic environments by visual effect studios Zoic and Rhythm & Hues that would convey Whedon's futuristic tale; Software used in compositing; Challenges encountered in...
- All Together Now. Witmer, Jon D. // American Cinematographer;Jun2012, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p34
The article discusses the cinematography of the motion picture "The Avengers," directed by Joss Whedon and photographed by the cinematographer Seamus McGarvey. Detailed technical aspects regarding the shooting of the film, including information on the techniques and equipment used, are provided....
- Shootout at the FX Corral. Ball, Ryan // Animation;Nov2005, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p78
This article presents information on the company Zoic Studios. The Zoic team was led by visual effects supervisors Randy Goux and Loni Peristere, who both worked on Whedon's animated series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and Angel TV series in the late '1990s. Peristere went on to head up effects...