- Mobile phones to become Internet leader. // Electronics Weekly;5/7/2008, Issue 2334, p4
The article reports on the move of Adobe to make its Flash software available for personal computers (PCs) and in mobile phones in Great Britain. Ian Drew, ARM marketing vice-president, believes that the move could transform mobile applications as well as remove the assertion that the desktop...
- Curious Labs' upgrade. McMahon, Frank // Computer Graphics World;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p42
Poser has come a long way. The first version had the unique ability to create and render human figures quickly. When an update added animation, it was clear that the tool would generate a following. The only problem was that, at the time, the images had a distinctive look. But now, Poser has...
- Adobe Production Studio. Sheridan Perry, Todd // Animation;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p39
The article reviews the computer animation software Production Studio Premium from Adobe.
- BODY BUILDING. Robertson, Barbara // Computer Graphics World;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Industrial Light & Magic uses computer graphic tools to create and animate an angry, 15-foot-tall muscle man for the movie 'The Hulk. 'It takes a great actor working with an inspired director to create a character that successfully portrays inner conflict. 'The Hulk,' tells the story of Bruce...
- ADOBE FLASH CS4 PROFESSIONAL. // Australian PC User;Jan2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p41
The article presents information and a photograph related to the software Adobe Flash CS4 Professional, from Adobe Systems Inc.
- Shape Morphing of Complex Geometries Using Partial Differential Equations. Castro, Gabriela Gonz�lez; Ugail, Hassan // Journal of Multimedia;Nov2007, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p15
An alternative technique for shape morphing using a surface generating method using partial differential equations is outlined throughout this work. The boundaryvalue nature that is inherent to this surface generation technique together with its mathematical properties are hereby exploited for...
- A FLASH BASED MULTIMEDIA APPLICATION FOR LEARNING JPEG COMPRESSION. Georgiev, Tsvetozar; Trajkovski, Goran // Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Techn;2008, Vol. 2, p155
This paper presents a Flash-based multimedia application DemoJPEG for visualization of JPEG compression algorithm. The application uses animation techniques to illustrate the steps performed during the compression, thus introducing the students to the necessary stages of image compression...
- Animating nature. Mahoney, Diana Philips // Computer Graphics World;Dec96, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p40
Discusses the challenges and difficulties in animating nature. Advantages of being able to simulate nature; Various rendering methods; Examples of successful applications.
- Making the most of your animated GIFs. Houldsworth, Andy // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Dec97, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p19
Suggests guidelines to follow for optimizing the look and speed of GIF animations for the World Wide Web. Editing of clip art or images; Conversion of MPEG and AVI movie formats into animated GIFs; Factors affecting the file sizes; Downloading of the GIF animation program; Examination of the...