THROUGH THE WIRE
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p16
A calendar of events related to the telecommunications industry in the U.S. from April 29, 2010 to May 13, 2010 is presented which includes The Cable Show, Cable Connection-Spring Technical Forum, and 13th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration.
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p3
Presents an update on two events in the U.S. cable television community, as of October 25, 2005. Silent auction held by the south California chapter of the Women in Cable and Telecommunications; Annual forum of the Cable Television Public Affairs Association.
- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- Studios, Networks Are Urged to Converge. // Television Week;7/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p10
The author offers insights on the convergence between broadcasting studios and cable networks. He notes that companies that are moving towards this trend are noteworthy, such as Sony, Google, Apple and Microsoft. He also says that cable operators, such as Comcast are well-positioned to converge...
- CAB Talkers Tout Client Partnerships. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p15
Highlights Cable Advertising Conference related to cable television entertainment industry that was organized by Cablevision Advertising Bureau in 2003. Various topics discussed at the conference; Strategies adopted by cable television networks to increase their viewership; Increase in cable...
- Calendar. // Multichannel News;3/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
A calendar of cable television-related events in the U.S. from March 15-April 14, 2011 is presented which includes the 2011 Wonder Women Luncheon on March 15, 2011, the 11th annual Forum for Multicultural Media in Multicultural America on March 16, 2011, and the 18th Annual Diversity Awards...
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- By the numbers. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/28/97, Vol. 127 Issue 18, p34
Presents statistics on audience share of American broadcast stations and cable networks as of April 28, 1997. Number of households and subscribers.
- Battle looms over digital must-carry rules. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;07/27/98, Vol. 5 Issue 28, pI-11
Discusses the expected battle between broadcast stations and cable companies regarding broadcasting digital broadcast must-carriage. Circumstances surrounding the battle; Reference to a proposal made by the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992; Options which are...