- Television service providers in the Tucson area. Yager, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;08/09/99, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p16
Presents a chart related to top eight television service providers in Tucson, Arizona ranked by number of subscribers.
- Top cable companies in New York City. Cullen, Jennifer Felser; Bouillon, Nathalie // Crain's New York Business;1997 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 53, p27
Presents a list of the top cable television companies in New York City, ranked by the number of subscribers in 1996.
- FCC Grants EAS Waivers to Small Ops. Enrich, David // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p43
Focuses on the rule set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for small cable operators in participating the national Emergency Alert System (EAS) in the U.S. Complaints of the small operators on the technological upgrades set by FCC; Date for the extension of the deadline; Companies...
- CABLE MODEM U.S./CANADA CUSTOMER COUNT REACHES 2.7 MILLION. // Modem Users News;Jul2000, p4
Estimates the number of cable modem subscribers in North America. Comparison between subscribers of cable modem and digital subscriber line; Number of broadband Internet customers served by United States and Canadian cable operators; Customer rankings of companies with installed cable modems.
- Cable, the value-added medium. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/12/97, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p90
Speculates on the payoffs of starting cable television networks. Walt Disney Co.'s purchase of Capital Cities/ABC Inc.; Strong financial characteristics of cable programming; Cost of starting a cable programming network business; Annualized rate of return of a straight start-ups; Digital...
- Psst, Wanna Buy a Muni Cable Net? Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the proposed sale of a municipal cable system operated in Trion, Georgia. Alternative cable and Internet services to be provided in the city; Attempts to take the cable system away from municipal control; Proposed date for opening the bid for the cable system.
- 'Supply' Challenges Ahead. Kirwan, David; Ginsberg-Margo, Joshua // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p29
Discusses challenges facing multiple system operators in increasing the profitability of their operations. Changes in the financial system of the cable industry; Implications of the focus given by cable operators to network development; Benefits of best practices supply-chain management.
- Viacom Taps MTV Touch To Retune Once-Hot VH1. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the business restructuring of VH1 cable television network. Improvement of network ratings; Management reshuffling of the network; Concern from network staffs.
- THE NATIONAL SHOW. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/16/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 37, pC7
Produced by the National Cable& Telecommunications Association., the National Show is the cable industry's premier convention, bringing together all ends of the business, from programming to technology in New Orleans, Louisiana.