- CableCARDs:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the number of CableCARDs deployed by the top multiple service operators in the U.S. There is an increase in the number of CableCARDs deployed by the top five multiple service operators as of September 2006, according to the National Community Television Association....
- DSL Industry Nears Retail. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p25
Reports on the rivalry between the digital subscriber line (DSL) modems and cable modem in the U.S. Creation of standardized modems by Cable Television Laboratories Inc.; Arrival of retail DSL modems in mainstream stores; Identification of the creation of a retail market for DSL equipment.
- CableLabs Moves Ahead on DOCSIS, CableHome. Brown, Karen; Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p33
Reports decision of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. to concentrate on innovation projects from cable modems to digital video in the U.S. Focus on the Data Over Cable Services Interface Specification (DOCSIS) engine; Importance of technological advancement for the cable industry to provide...
- CableLabs Issues Home-Net Specs. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p58
Reports the cable services link of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. for home networking specifications. Features of the Cable-Home 1.0; Discussion on basic home-network management; Availability of the home networking specifications.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p33
Presents news on the cable television business as of April 15, 2002. Decision of Time Warner Cable Inc. to start charging users a fee for downloading more than a preset monthly limit; Launching of specifications for CableLabs Incorporated's home networking service.
- CableLabs' DOCSIS 2.0 Turbocharges Broadband. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p6A
Reports on the technological innovation by Cable Laboratories Inc., of a advanced data communication service Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS 2.0). Description on how the technology works; Advantage of the system to cable operators; Capacity of the system.
- CableLabs adds DFAST to the 'Plug & Play' mix. // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the release of Dynamic Feedback Arrangement Scrambling Technique (DFAST) from CableLabs Inc. Application of DFAST to the Plug & Play mix; Accessibility to a copy protection technology; Key features.
- Testing TV's future. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p20
Presents information on CableLabs, an industry research and development consortium, and the expansion of cable television into a universal digital platform, relating to technology interests of cable system operators and programmers. Comments from Richard Green, president and chief executive...
- Gearing Up for the Gigabit Era. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, pA1
The article evaluates the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) 3.1 from the CableLabs. INSET: DOCSIS 3.1 at a Glance.