DirecTV's Motown Bound With MPEG-4
- France takes reins of EU as European co-production slides. Godard, Francois // Broadcasting & Cable;1/23/95, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the French proposals for increased protectionism of European broadcasting, following its control of the European Union Council of Ministers. Details of the proposals; Its impact on European co-production. INSET: Europe to deregulate cable TV nets, by M.A..
- B'casters chip in $2 mil for V-chip alternative. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;7/24/95, Vol. 359 Issue 12, p20
Reports on network executives' support in the development of television sets with a device permitting parents to block TV programming they find objectionable as an alternative to the V-chip bill in the Congress. Democrats' support of the project; Network technology fund's contrasting with...
- DirecTV Adds More Local Channels. // Satellite Today;10/14/2005, Vol. 4 Issue 200, pN.PAG
The article reports on the plan of DirecTV to add local channels in Minnesota and Ohio to its lineup before the end of 2005. Adding channels in Mankato, Minnesota and and Zanesville, Ohio, will bring DirecTV's local offerings to 137 designated market areas covering 93 percent of U.S. households.
- MLB Deal a Warmup Pitch for DirecTV. Gibbons, Ken // Multichannel News;3/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the agreement of DirecTV and the Major Leaque Baseball about the subscription of out-of-market game package in the U.S. The real season for DirecTV and for EchoStar's Dish Network starts in the fall when the television purchases pick up and National Football League games...
- DirecTV, Playboy Spice Up Adult PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of DirecTV Inc. to offer subscribers the chance to purchase five Playboy-owned PPV services on an a la carte basis, or to receive the group for one set price. In the year 2002, the direct-broadcast satellite provider began offering subscribers access to Playboy...
- Microsoft-DirecTV venture facing delay. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;05/26/97, Vol. 127 Issue 22, p36
Reports on delays faced by Microsoft Corp. and DirecTV Inc.'s planned launch of direct-to-PC services in the United States. DirecTV's disappointment of with Microsoft's progress on the project; Features of the software developed by Microsoft.
- DirecTV Goes Local. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;09/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the plans of DirecTV to carry local broadcasts signals in October 1999. Plans of the company to expand to 60 markets; Challenges faced by the satellite operator; Views of analysts on the move.
- DirecTV peers into suite of 3D channels. Knoll, Kaitlin // Hollywood Reporter;7/2/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 18, p4
The article offers information on DirecTV Inc., which is planning to launch the suite of three dimensional (3D) channels.
- Digital servers. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, pS-3
Discusses the factors involved in television broadcasting's migration to digital servers. Description of the digital video server technology; Advantages of using digital servers; Redundant array of independent drives technology and digital video compression techniques; Applications for digital...