Dreams of the Big Bang
- HDTV Stymied by Local Signal Issue. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the high-definition (HD) television signal accessibility problems faced by cable operators in the U.S. Number of cable markets that carry HD signals; Demand of local stations from cable operators; Agreements of Comcast with local stations regarding its CBS network.
- Heads Up, Puckheads. M.A. // Sound & Vision;Dec2003, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on television programs scheduled by high-definition television networks in the U.S. for December 2003. Number of National Hockey League games scheduled by HDNet in fall and winter seasons; Information on the Movie Channel HD of Showtime Networks; High-definition channels carried by the...
- A BIG, BEAUTIFUL MEDIUM ABOUT NOTHING. Shales, Tom // Television Week;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p35
Focuses on television programming in the U.S. Information on high definition television; Discussion on syndicated television programs; Details of cable television networks.
- Stay Tuned for More Channels. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Nov2003, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the plan of several cable and satellite television channels, including Starz, A&E, and the History Channel, to offer high-definition additions to their programs. Launch of Starz HD and Stars Hi Res from the Starz Encore Group in December 2003; Information on EchoStar's Dish Network.
- Building HD news sets. Hill, Michael P. // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2008, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p56
The article discusses the preparations of Orlando, Florida-based WFTV-TV for the launching of high definition (HD) newscasts. It took the station 10 months for transition to HD. With a realistic, collaborative plan in place, the next challenge stations making the transition to HD face is the...
- HD Hot in Hot-lanta. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the increase in the number of television stations in Atlanta, Georgia that are broadcasting in high-definition. High-definition news program debuted by NBC affiliate WXIA; Reasons for other stations to delay their high-definition transition; Live news broadcast of WSB in commuter...
- H-D-T-V IN THE USA! // Popular Science;Jun2003, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p24
This article focuses on high definition television programming in the United States.The major television networks are gradually offering more hours in high-definition television per week. Among the major networks, early-adopter CBS is the HDTV king.
- Future Vision. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the challenges to the deployment of high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Increase in the number of local television stations offering digital feeds; Obstacles posed by cable industry operators; Action taken by Circuit City to motivate sale of HDTV product.
- NBC Will Gear Up for More HD. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the television production and advanced compression equipment needed by NBC Universal for its high definition television broadcasting. Preparation of the network for the transition; Completion of the rebuilding of the network broadcast operations center of NBC; Equipment wish list of NBC.