Fuse Lights a Fire With Multiplatform Deals
- NERVE'S SELF-SERVE. Bing, Jonathan; Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 49, p3
Reports the deal between Home Box Office network and Web magazine Nerve.com Web to develop a non-fiction program in the United States. Diversity of the audience targeted by the planned joint show; Development of a show for ABC Entertainment; Fascination with the behind the scenes production.
- History Sports New Vignette Package. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p18
Evaluates the operations of The History Channel. Plans to increase affiliate advertising sales among clients; Development of similar packages with other state collegiate teams; Creation of additional way of effective way to target male demographic.
- Peace on Earth? // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Analyzes the possible agreement between Comcast and MASN which would combine the DC RSN with Comcast sports channel. Views of Representative Thomas Davis (R-Va.) on the possible combination of the networks.
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Will interactive gambling be a financial hit for TV stations? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/26/2001, Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the impact of gambling on interactive television companies in Great Britain. Relationship between bookmakers and broadcasters in producing interactive programming in the broadcast stream; Deal between BSkyB and Ladbrokes on the exploration of possible television interactive gambling;...
- Comedy Central dealt `Real Deal'. Battaglio, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;2/27/95, Vol. 336 Issue 9, p4
Features `Real Deal,' a Comedy Central unscripted comedy featuring five comedians playing a real poker game. Amount of money at stake; Challenge of the show as finding material that was not too raunchy for airing.