Abbas Opts for More Cooperative Approach
- NCTC Searches for CEO as Abbas Leaves. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the search of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. concerning the replacement of Jeff Abbas as chief executive officer (CEO).
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- NCTC taps four new nets. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p70
Reports on National Cable Television Cooperative's hiring of services BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, Game Show Network, The Outdoor Channel and Ovation. Terms of the agreement; Networks' expansion activity.
- Reporter's Notebook: Co-Op Draws a Line. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p54
Reports on the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. before the week of August 7, 2000. Opposition to programming cost increases; Reaction to the proposed increase of license fees; Expansion of the membership.
- Abbas Alights. // CableFAX Daily;11/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 221, p2
The article reports on the nomination of Jeff Abbas for the position of president and CEO at National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) in the U.S. in 2005. NCTC CEO and president Mike Pandzik will be succeeded by Abbas.
- 5 Q's with new NCTC pres Jeff Abbas. // CableFAX Daily;11/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 226, p2
The article presents an interview with National Cable Television Cooperative president Jeff Abbas. He states that their members have the same interests as large multisystem cable operators in the U.S. He intends to focus on ancillary video products such as video-on-demand and high definition...
- NCTC CEO: 'I'll Be Proactive' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p4
The article offers the insights of 54-year-old Richard Fickle, chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) Inc., regarding his simple approach in the growth of the organization. According to Fickle, part of his job is to become very proactive manager and to...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p2
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Appointment of Jeff Abbas at National Cable Television Cooperative; Partnership of Motorola Inc, with Juniper Networks Inc. for next-generation modular cable-modem termination system technology; Information on a...
- Cable co-op scores ESPN win. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;09/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p28
Reports that the National Cable Television Co-operative (NCTC) has acquired an affiliation deal with the Entertainment and Sport Programming Network (NCTC). Conditions of the deal; Comments made by Frank Hughes, NCTC vice president of programming; Benefits of the deal.