NBCU Entering the Peer-to-Peer Wurld
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- Russia and Vietnam drive growth. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on rise in the internet television (IPTV) subscription in Russia and Vietnam. Point Topic sees newly emerging markets such as Vietnam and Russia posting impressive annual rates in IPTV. Russian grew by 131% in 2011, making it into the top ten in terms of subscriber numbers...
- IPTV growth accelerates. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/23/2012, p6
The article discusses the increasing growth in IPTV worldwide with Europe as a whole as the world's dominant region with 42.72% of the global market. China has overtaken France and is currently the fastest growing market for IPTV subscribers although Russia was the leading performed in 2011. It...
- Watchdogs eyeing Web concentration. // Daily Variety;08/21/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 55, p12
Highlights the plan of media watchdogs in Germany to factor Web activities into future decision making concerning maximum market share allocations for television networks.
- OTT Keys on Measurement, Monetization. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p20
The article reports on a panel discussion at the Next TV Summit on the challenges faced by television industry in measurement and monetization on the shift in the video-viewing habits of viewers toward over-the-top platform.
- NBC Universal puts more on Comstock's shoulders. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;2/19/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that NBC Universal has named Beth Comstock the president of integrated media, signaling the company's acknowledgement of the convergence of TV and new media. Comstock has been spending much time on the road, talking to marketers about their objectives. NBC Universal has also...