- Are Insurers Overexposed? Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the stock market sell-off has sparked a slew of class-action lawsuits from angry investors and employees in the U.S. Claims of workers that employers breached their fudiciary duty in conducting 410(k) plans; Blame placed on executive misconduct for falling stock prices; Efforts of...
- TBBH: First class action for shareholders? Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;4/19/2002, p11
Focuses on the consideration of first class action by shareholders against errant directors of The Business Bank Holdings (TBBH) in South Africa. Evidence for corporate irresponsibility; Financial statement of the company; Status of the stocks of shareholders managed by TTBH.
- Omnicom Seeks to Defend Itself. O'Leary, Noreen // Adweek Western Edition;06/24/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 26, p33
Offers information on the shareholder class action lawsuits filed by several law firms against the Omnicom Group in the U.S. Allegations on the material misrepresentations made by Omnicom to its shareholders; Details on firms which filed lawsuits; Compliance of the company to the informal...
- Shareholders leery of tobacco stock. Williams, Terry; Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;3/18/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p50
Reports that shareholders are selling their stocks in other tobacco companies after the settlement of Brooke Group Limited in a class-action tobacco suit. Impact on Philip Morris Company Incorporated's stocks; Views of shareholders.
- Accelerated Trading Models Used in Securities Class Action Lawsuits. McCann, Craig J.; Hsu, David // Journal of Legal Economics;Winter98/99, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Discusses some stock trading models used in securities class action lawsuits. Damages in securities class action lawsuits; Conclusions.
- Synopsys Slapped with Shareholder Class Action Suit. // Electronic News;8/30/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Reports on the class action suit filed against Synopsys by its shareholders in August 2004. Synopsys executives named in the suit; Allegations contained in the suit; Impact of the suit on the stock market performance of the company.
- Class-action lawsuits up 17%. // Accounting Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p38
Reports on the increase in the number of class-action securities lawsuits filed in the U.S. in 2004. Increase in the decline in market capitalization of defendant companies or disclosure dollar loss (DDL); Measurement of DDL; Effect of product market developments that had material adverse stock...
- Chaperoning Analysts. Miller, Sam S. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q2, p1
The article focuses on business-related analysts in the U.S. Investment banks' analyst are alleged by a spate of class-action lawsuits to have issued misleadingly rosy recommendations of stocks to facilitate profitable deals between banks and the issuers or to affect the stock price. Direct...
- Guidant holders lose class action case tied to faulty defibrillators. // Medical Device Daily;3/10/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p2
The article reports on the loss of Guidant investors to a class-action suit claiming that the company's executives hid knowledge of defects in its heart defibrillators and pacemakers so the firm's value would not slump at a time it was up for sale. The case was dismissed by judge Sarah Evans...