- HIV affects mortality patterns. Hutchings, Claire // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct94, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the effect of AIDS on the pattern of mortality in England and Wales. Results of research published by the Office of Population Censuses & Surveys; Professional homosexual men in their middle years as victims; Number of HIV-related deaths; Forecast on the annual number of deaths from...
- Trends in mortality statistics in England and Wales with particular reference to AIDS from 1984 to April 1987. McCormick, Anna // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/7/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6632, p1289
Reports the trends in mortality statistics associated with AIDS in Great Britain. Importance of a death certificate; Requirement for the accurate notification of the underlying cause of death; Content of a death certificate.
- Approaches to the Design of Effective HIV-1 Protease Inhibitors. Lebon, F.; Ledecq, M. // Current Medicinal Chemistry;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p455
Recently, western countries have recorded a decrease in the death rate imputed to AIDS. This success has been largely attributed to the presence on the market of chemotherapies that inhibit the infectivity of the predominant causative agent, the HIV-1 virus, by targeting essential viral enzymes....
- Death drop. // Advocate;04/15/97, Issue 731, p17
Reports that the number of deaths due to AIDS from January to June 1996 in the United States, decreased significantly for the first time since it was recognized. Statistics produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; What the decline was attributed to; Decrease in the number of...
- AIDS survival time has nearly doubled since 1984. Jacobson, Lisa P. // American Family Physician;8/1/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p319
Reports on the doubling in 1992 of the survival time of individuals diagnosed with AIDS from that in 1991. Data from the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases; Greatest gain in survival time as those with Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia.
- How healthy are we? Seninger, Stephen // Montana Business Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p24
Presents information on Montana's health care. Amount spend by Montanans per year on health care; Figures on Montana's death rates from heart disease and from traffic accidents; Health resource utilization and costs.
- Estudo da subnotificaÃ§Ã£o dos casos de Aids em Alagoas (Brasil), 1999-2005. Rique, Juliana; Paes da Silva, Maria Dolores // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p599
The under-reporting of Aids (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) cases makes it difficult and even impossible to plan means to control the epidemic. This study aims to check out the under-reporting of Aids cases from 1999 to 2005 in Alagoas (Brazil). The deaths certificates causes by Aids...
- AIDS no longer a leading killer... // FDA Consumer;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the decline of death rate from AIDS in the United States in 1998. Comparison of the death rate from 1996 to 1997.
- Appropriate use of ART essential in scale-up programmes. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;2/11/2006, Issue 496, p5
The article discusses research being done on an antiretroviral therapy (ART) scale-up programme for HIV/AIDS. It references a study by S. Bautista-Arredondo, A. Mane and S. M. Bertozzi in the January 2006 issue of "AIDS." After analyzing prescribing practices, adherence and costs associated with...