Saskatchewan MDs oppose new mandatory testing law
- New developments in mandatory blood testing legislation. Garmaise, David // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Apr2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on the legislative bill that would allow policy officers, victims of crimes and other community safety workers to find out whether they have been exposed to infection from particular viruses in Canada. The new bill, passed by the Liberal government in Ontario that indicates...
- Resolution on Presidential Debates. // Spectra;Apr1977, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p9
This article presents the resolution proposed by the Speech Communication Association (SCA) Committee on Accountability and Responsibility in Governmental Communication and the SCA Division.
- Legislative clock ticks for IHSAA. Schoettle // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p1
Reports on Indiana legislators' efforts to increase the accountability of the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA). Aim of bringing the IHSAA commissioner under the control of the state superintendent of public instruction; Alteration of athlete eligibility rule.
- INTRODUCTION AND HISTORY OF THE CANADA/U.S. LAW INSTITUTE. Picker Jr., Sidney // Canada-United States Law Journal;2001, Vol. 27, p1
Focuses on the history of the Canada-United States Law Institute. Component of the organization; Goals of the organization; Establishment of international institutional arrangements.
- Law Soc IT penalties cause internal unrest. Rovnick, Naomi // Lawyer;5/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the complaints of Law Society council members over the money allegedly wasted on the society's controversial information technology system Project Engineer. Amount of the money wasted; Cost of the system; Amount of penalty payments made by the society.
- A Hostile Takeover. Garbus, Martin // American Prospect;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, pA16
Presents information on the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies. Background on its formation; Leadership composition of the society; Influence on judicial selection in the U.S.
- Law Society disbands training review group. Begum, Husnara; Harris, Joanne // Lawyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the Law Society's decision to abolish the Training Framework Review Group (TFRG). Members of the TFRG claimed that the decision came as a suprise. The organization was confident that the move would have no impact on the progress of the new training education committee...
- Notes and Recent Decisions. Kelly, Desmond G.; Howell Jr., Frederick K.; Blanford Jr., Albert T.; Raven, Robert D.; Marsh, Raymond; Staring, Graydon S.; Test, Aldo; Wien, Henry; Gregory, Philip J.; Beverly, Melvin E. // California Law Review;Jun51, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p264
Comments on various cases filed in the U.S. in 1951. Right of unincorporated associations to sue in association name; Effect of shareholders' vote not to sue; Blood tests as proof of non-parentage; Burden of proof; Types of leases.
- DISCUSSION FOLLOWING THE REMARKS OF MS. VALENTINE AND MR. VON FINCKENSTEIN. // Canada-United States Law Journal;2000, Vol. 26, p291
Highlights the 2000 Annual Conference of the Canada-United States Law Institute. Advantages of uniform statute in Canada and United States; Role of states in antitrust issues; Federal government's enforcement of antitrust laws.