MBIA reorganizes; names Pizzarelli public finance chief
- MBIA confirms restructuring, including layoffs. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p35
Focuses on the rumors of the possible reorganization of MBIA Insurance Corp. Dismissal of employees; Reason for reorganization.
- MBIA Spins Off Public Finance Only Insurer. Herman, Jack; Ackerman, Andrew; Seymour, Dan // Asset Securitization Report;2/23/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the reorganization of MBIA Insurance Corp. of Illinois by MBIA Insurance Corp. to form a new U.S. public finance-only insurer that will operate separately from its structured finance business. MBIA Insurance Corp. gave its entire $537 billion book of public finance...
- MBIA Public Finance Arm Renamed. Herman, Jack // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/27/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p13
The article reports on the renaming of MBIA Insurance Corp., the public finance division of MBIA Inc., to National Public Finance Guarantee Corp in Illinois. It focuses on the restructuring of MBIA which includes the separation of its public finance and structured finance businesses. However, it...
- N.Y. Court Sets Date for Trial Over MBIA Restructuring. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p7
The article reports on the decision of New York Supreme Court to set a tentative start date of January 19, 2011, for a two-week trial in a proceeding in which MBIA Inc. is defending the division of its subsidiary MBIA Insurance Corp. into two entities.
- Lawsuit Claims MBIA Execs Concealed Critical Info. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;6/22/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33537, p6
The article discusses the lawsuit filed by the bank policyholders suing the New York Insurance Department and MBIA Inc. for hiding critical information related to future losses at MBIA Insurance Corp. According to the lawsuit, the restructuring of MBA Insurance into MBIA Insurance Corp. and...
- Pittsburgh judge holds off MBIA request for hospital information. Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p3
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corp.'s objection to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Allegheny General Hospital's restructuring plan. Case background; MBIA Insurance's demand for more information about the restructuring plan from the hospital and its parent company Western Pennsylvania Healthcare System.
- Major MBIA Debtholder Sues Over "Fraudulent Transfer'. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/8/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33094, p7
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Third Avenue Management LLC against MBIA Insurance Corp. for a fraudulent transfer in the U.S. The complaint alleges that the restructuring is illegal and seeks to defraud MBIA Insurance debtholders. The suit follows one filed by a group of hedge funds...
- MBIA's Stock Falls Amid Interest Payment Doubts. // American Banker;7/11/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 106, p7
The article focuses on MBIA Inc., a bond insurer whose stock price fell after the New York State Department of Financial Services failed to approve a July 16, 2012 payment on surplus notes maturing in 2033 by its unit, MBIA Insurance Corp. The financial market's reaction to the uncertainty of...
- MBIA begins work on first phase of planned expansion. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p12
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corp.'s plans for constructing a 310-space parking garage. Materials to use; Permit issued by the Town Board; Nature of MBIA's business.