Bill aims to let nonprofits purchase land with revenue-backed debt
- IRS issues guidance for joint operating agreements among tax-exempt entities. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p11
Explains the guidelines listed by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for organizations seeking an exemption or a ruling on the tax-exempt status of a joint operating agreement with unrelated hospitals. Requirements for organizations in their applications.
- A powerful new tool for the IRS. Lang, Andrew S.; Cowperthwaite, George E. // Association Management;Oct96, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p49
Presents information on the law signed into effect by United States' President Bill Clinton on July 30, 1996, which focused on intermediate sanctions on certain transactions at nonprofit organizations. Perceptions of the Treasury Department; Definition of the term `disqualified person'; Indepth...
- Ohio bill targets for-profit conversions. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/28/96, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p18
Reports that non-profit healthcare entities in Ohio require the approval of the state attorney general to transfer assets to profit making companies, as a result of legislation introduced the week of October 1, 1996. Details on legislation; Effects of legislation; Names of companies which will...
- The good and the bad. // American Theatre;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p57
Reports on legislation concerning nonprofit organizations in the United States. Restriction from receiving federal funding; Repeal of tax-exempt status; Division of traditional charities from others that serve non-essential functions.
- Non-profit organizations seek sales tax exemption. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;10/21/96, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p21
Details on a proposition included in the 1996 ballot initiatives that would allow non-profit organizations to be exempted from sales and use taxes in Nevada. Consequences of the approval of the initiative.
- Calif. uses obscure laws to scrutinize deal. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;06/02/97, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the efforts of California's attorney general's office, to review provisions for not-for-profit hospitals in the area. What the sales disclosure law of California provides; Review of Bay Harbor's proposed merger with Little Company of Mary.
- Notes from the Office. Self, Amy // California Grange News;2011, Issue 2, p8
The article offers information on the California 199N e-Postcard, a new reporting requirement for all non-profits with less than 25 thousand dollars revenue, which is effective on January 1, 2011.
- Volunteers should take note of new not-for-profit law. Cook, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;7/05/96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p25
Discusses the New Hampshire Legislature's passage of an amendment to the not-for-profit law that sets up the Division of Charitable Trusts in the Department of Justice. Reaction of residents to the law; Version of the amendment at the Senate; Public disclosure theme of the law.
- Nonprofits in peril. Janowitz, Barbara // American Theatre;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p58
Reports that since the National Endowment for the Arts has been resolved arts groups are looking at other legislative threats which target and affect all nonprofit organizations. Information on threats on nonprofit organizations.