Attorney's settlement ends California probe of dirt bonds
- California firm urges stronger disclosure for some land deals. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p1
Focuses on California law firm White & Case's call for tighter disclosure guidelines for unrated land-secured bonds sold to retail investors. Settlement of the civil securities fraud lawsuit filed by the state Department of Corporations against Pacific Genesis Group (PGG); Court's selection of...
- HMO oversight debated. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;9/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the controversy involving the California Department of Corporations. Issues on its role in regulating managed care organizations in the state; Suggestion for a takeover by the Department of Insurance.
- The twain shall meet. Campbell, Dan // Farmer Cooperatives;Dec95, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p11
States that California is the most diverse state in the nation. Bridging of gaps between agricultural, consumer and other cooperatives; Rainbow Grocery lone survivor in San Francisco's Mission District; Berkeley finds missing link.
- Regional news: West. // Modern Healthcare;10/14/96, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p54
Discusses the appointment of Gary G. Hagen to commissioner of the California Department of Corporations's healthcare division. Details on Hagen's job; Information on Hagen; Concern over his appointment by consumer activists; Reasons for concern.
- Health plan fined in treatment denial. // Business Insurance;11/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p21
Reports on the decision of the California Department of Corporations to fine TakeCare Inc. for denying a 9-year-old cancer patient access to treatment.
- Low-income Calif. community invests in retail center. // SCTXtra;4/17/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p2
The article reports that the low income community of San Diego County, California is able to invest in the nearby shopping center Market Creek Plaza. The change has been brought about by the efforts of Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation, that worked with the California Department of...
- CA Revokes Wells' License. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the suspension of the licenses of Wells Fargo by the Department of Corporations in California. Court ruling of the Federal District Court ; Alleged violations of state law; Amount of charges to the borrower in each case.
- How charitable. // San Diego Business Journal;6/6/94, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p2
Reports on the donation of the Blue Cross of California to health care charities after having been directed by the state Department of Corporations to boost its charitable spending.
- Calif. DOC reduces freeze demand. // Insurance Advocate;05/04/96, Vol. 107 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the revision of the $10 billion freeze demand on the United States Trust Fund of Lloyd's of London by the Department of Corporations of California with a $500 million lien on the funds.