Scrutinizing Synthetics: Rating residuals a rising trend in '99
- Fund news. // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on several developments concerning mutual funds as of February 8, 1999. Federated Investors Inc.'s introduction of the Federated Global Equity Fund; T. Rowe Price Associates Inc.'s development of the T. Rowe Price International Growth & Income Fund.
- Unit investment trusts attract. // New York Amsterdam News;06/11/98, Vol. 89 Issue 24, p21
Reports that a fraction of the $100 billion in mutual funds inflows in a number of national securities firms in 1997, was due to equity unit investment trusts. What is a unit investment trust; Information on the equity trusts.
- Wirehouses still formidable, losing ground. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;6/26/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p47
Reports on the decline in Wall Street securities firms' collective market share for proprietary mutual funds. Wall Street securities firms' expansion of their mutual fund businesses; Challenge of diversification into more profitable stock and bond funds; Performance issue.
- U.K. FUNDS EMBRACE OMS'S. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;02/12/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the installation of order management systems (OMS) among British fund management companies. Accommodation of electronic transaction systems; Rush to install OSM technology among London, England and Edinburgh, Scotland money managers; Internal and external factors that drive the...
- Can Market-Neutral Funds Keep You Afloat? Welsh, James // On Wall Street;May99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p47
Looks at the market performance of market-neutral mutual funds. Goal of market-neutral mutual funds; Problems with this type of mutual funds; Comments from brokers on the performance of this type of funds; Year when this type of funds were introduced in the market.
- European Funds Ripe For Automated Settlement. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;10/29/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p19
Reports the importance of automation on mutual fund settlement in the securities industry in Europe. Difficulty in defending the settlement system by the industry; Claim on the need for common industry standards and effective connectivity between providers, distributors, and transfer agents;...
- Returns hit 11-year high. // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the strong performance of equity mutual funds during the fourth quarter of 1998. Data from Lipper Inc.; Average return of funds in Lipper's General Equity category; Comparison between the performance of funds in Lipper's Large Cap category and Small Cap funds; Standard & Poor's 500...
- Managers cross into new territory. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;02/08/99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the institutionalization of the mutual fund industry. View of the institutional market as a high-margin avenue to asset growth for retail funds; Growth of defined contribution plans; Disciplined investment styles offered by many traditional defined benefit money managers through...
- SWIMMING WITH THE FLOOD OF REGULATIONS. // Securities Industry News;Summer2003 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p8
The article presents a debate between David Loasby, chief of compliance at Fifth Third Securities, Sharon Taylor, compliance chief, and Mark Backes, chief operating officer, at SouthTrust Securities, the broker-dealer arm of Birmingham, Alaska-based SouthTrust Corp. The two most urgent...