STD TEACHING IN HIGH SCHOOLS
- FERGIE SPEAKS OUT ON TEEN SEX. Stoynoff, Natasha // People;2/18/2008, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p114
The article discusses a discussion on AIDS prevention and safe sex led by singer Fergie at Murry Bergtraum High School in New York City in February 2008. It is reported that the singer spoke frankly with her teenaged audience about her own recovery from methamphetamine addiction and youthful...
- Dramatic approach. Chauhan, Jennifer // Teacher Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
Describes theater-arts teacher Michael Rohd's approach in educating teenagers about AIDS. AIDS prevention education in the United States using theater arts; Rohd's belief on the effectivity of interactive drama as a teaching tool; Progress and success of the program Hope Is Vital; Rohd's...
- Rural Secondary School Teachers' Capacity to Respond to Hiv and Aids: The Case of Shurugwi District in Zimbabwe. Mangwaya, Ezron; Ndlovu, Emily // Asian Social Science;Feb2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p129
Young people often turn to their teachers for information on sexuality and HIV and Aids. Consequently teachers need to be not only knowledgeable about these issues but also able to integrate them into their teaching. As part of an umbrella study to investigate and promote HIV and Aids education...
- Students want sexual diversity in classrooms. Stayshyn, Justin // Xtra (Toronto);3/10/2011, Issue 688, p12
The article reports that a survey of high school students in Ontario via Facebook and email by the Ontario Student Trustees' Association (OSTA) has revealed that nearly 82 percent of them believe that all sexualities should be taught in school.
- NJ Teens Present Sex Education to Peers. // Curriculum Review;May2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses Teen Prevention Education Program, a sexual health and safety education course organized and taught by upperclassmen at Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, New Jersey.
- HIV/AIDS EDUCATION IN SOUTH AFRICA: TEACHER KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HIV/AIDS: TEACHER ATTITUDE ABOUT AND CONTROL OF HIV/AIDS EDUCATION. Peltzer, Karl; Promtussananon, Supa // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p349
The aim of this study was to assess secondary school teachers' comfort in teaching adolescents about sexuality and HIV/AIDS, behavioral control and outcome beliefs about HIV/AIDS education and teacher knowledge about HIV/AIDS. The sample consisted of 54 male (35.6%) and 96 female (64.4%)...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: NORTH DAKOTA. // Advocate;1/16/90, Issue 542, p20
Reports on parents' criticism of an AIDS education program for high school students in North Dakota which shows students how to put on a condom.
- Our children need sex education. Jessine, Mary // America;7/14/1951, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p376
The article discusses the results on a survey about the knowledge of sex matters among senior students in the Catholic high schools of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They reveal that the real source of sex information is not the parent or the home. The street corner, cinema, and sexy books substitute the...
- PROGRAMAS DE EDUCACIÃ“N SEXUAL EN PANAMÃ. Vergès, Claude // Acta BioÃ©thica;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p97
Which place occupies pleasure in sexual education programs? In Panama, as in other Latin American countries, violence against children and women does not allow people to realize own bodylines and less their right to pleasure. Present programs about sexual education, pregnancy prevention and AIDS...