SEX RESEARCH UPDATE
- COMING HOME DRUNK. // Ralph;Nov2003, p60
Offers pieces of advice on handling the situation of coming home drunk. Scenarios to expect; Possible reaction of a woman partner to drunkenness.
- AS I GROW OLDER. Howe, E. W. // Saturday Evening Post;10/20/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 16, p30
Shares the views of the author about the importance of a man in a relationship. Role as a provider to his wife and children; Outlook of wives about the success of matrimony; Reference of the approach of Socrates in raising his family.
- SUPREME COURT OF CANADA SETS STAGE FOR MARRIAGE LITIGATION BUT DECLINES TO ANSWER KEY CONSTITUTIONAL QUESTION. Wintemute, Robert // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jan2005, p1
Focuses on marriage litigation set by the Supreme Court of Canada. Definition of marriage; Refusal of the Supreme Court to answer constitutional question; Federal constitutional jurisdiction over capacity to marry.
- a griping mom and two annoying husbands. Rodgers, Joni // Lifetime;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p74
Presents advice on problems related to interpersonal relations. Tips on dealing with a mother who loves to whine; Advice on how a wife can deal with a husband who has become close with a woman co-worker; Tips on dealing with a husband who gets embarrassed by his wife's behavior at parties.
- A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF EDIE ADAMS. // Saturday Evening Post;4/13/1963, Vol. 236 Issue 14, p24
The article focuses on the problems faced by the widow of comedian Ernie Kovacs, Edie Adam, after his death in a car accident. Edie was unable to comprehend her loss in the beginning. In a town where the man-woman relationship is often casual and fleeting, their union had seemed enduring. They...
- Do Co-operate With Her. Eyre, Harold // Saturday Evening Post;2/7/1953, Vol. 225 Issue 32, p38
The article presents the experience of the author regarding the experience of a man, which attests the need for husbands to cooperate with their wives by assisting in household tasks in order towards preventing any marital discord. He acknowledged that such cooperation would sometimes prove to...
- HUSBAND-WIFE ROLE MISUNDERSTANDING: THE CASE OF INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE. Imamura, Annue E. // International Journal of Sociology of the Family;Spring86, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
This article explores the sources of role dissensus in marriage. Using interview data from foreign women married to Nigerians, it develops a typology of dissensus, and links the typology to marital happiness. International marriage data is particularly useful because differences in role...
- Deconstructing Self-Defense in Wife-to-Husband Violence. Sarantakos, Sotirios // Journal of Men's Studies;Spring2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p277
Members of 68 families with allegedly violent wives were studied to explore the nature of women's violence at home and to ascertain whether wives assault their spouses in self-defense. Accounts of children and the wives' mothers were contrasted with husbands' and wives' accounts to ensure a high...
- DR. GWENDOLYN GRANT'S NO-NONSENSE ADVICE FOR LIFE'S CHALLENGES. Grant, Gwendolyn Goldsby // Essence (Time Inc.);Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p106
Offers pieces of advice on family and relationship issues. Dating and commitment of love partners; Problem with a husband and wife relationship.