Up and Comers
- Cool runnings. Browne, Maya // Heart & Soul;Dec97, Issue 24, p38
Introduces several sportswear applicable in any weather condition. Cost of the products.
- New goal: Sell, sell, sell. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on marketing trends affecting the business of sports clothing merchandisers in the United States in 1999. Partnerships with sports events to market related merchandise; Openings of new stores.
- Super Show updates activewear buyers. // Discount Store News;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on trends in activewear retailing as observed at the Super Show '97 held in Atlanta, Georgia. Potential growth for the athletic segment of the market; Trends in color, fabrication and style; Background on several sporting good companies present at the show.
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 36, p10
Presents news on the sport clothes and sporting goods industry in the United States. Plans of specialty store chain Blades to open a store in Staten Island Mall; Features of the Action Sports Retailer Show; Inclusion of Magic Wear's president Richard Coleman in the motion picture `There's...
- Bodywear tones up. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 17, WWDSport p18
Reports on the participation of several bodywear manufacturers in the 1996 Super Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Introduction of performance-oriented products which integrate function and fashion; Display of various advanced fabrics; Description of products from several participating bodywear...
- ASR: Summer 2001 Will Be Hot. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/25/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 58, p24
Highlights the 2000 Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo in San Diego, California. Range of retail prices of sportswear featured in the exhibition; Description of different sports clothing displayed during the event; Current fashion trends within the sportswear segment of the clothing industry.
- Prism of Trends at ASR. Ellis, Kristi; Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/21/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 56, p16
Highlights the September 2000 Action Sports Retailer Trade Expo held in San Diego, California. Attendance by specialty retailers; Attendance figures; Trends in sports clothes for spring 2001; Popularity of flood pants among younger consumers; Designs of some popular tops.
- All About Core. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2007, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the exercise trend of core training and its impact on sales of sporting goods. The trend has increased sales of items such as exercise balls, Pilates equipment and kettlebells. Items such as hemp and bamboo yoga equipment by Natural Fitness are cited as examples of how the...
- should you try these fitness trends? Lee, Janet // Real Simple;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p115
The article evaluates several new physical fitness equipment including the minimalist running shoes, the digital body monitors, and the TRX suspension trainer.