A Unique Race
- Pssst. Wanna Buy a Running Shoe? Corcoran, Martha // Runner's World;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p75
Provides information on the Super Runner Shops running shoes specialty store.
- What's in store. Lobb, Welles // Runner's World;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p71
Examines the role of women in the development of retail stores specializing in women running shoes and apparel in the United States. Impact of women on several aspects of sports; Type of women customers of the specialty stores; Works done to promote specialty retail stores; Design and ambience...
- Specialty running stores/United States and Canada. // Runner's World;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p74
Features specialty running stores in the United States and Canada. Includes The Trak Shak; First Place Athletics; The Skinny Raven.
- SPECIALTY RUNNING STORES. // Runner's World;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p135
The article offers information on specialty running stores including the Triathlete Store in California that offers apparel and gear for swimming, hiking, and running, the Gord's Running Store in Canada that sells running shoes, clothing and accessories, and the Marathon Sports in Massachusetts.
- The Race Is On. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the competition between specialty store Super Jock 'n Jill and retail chain Road Runner Sports in the running gear industry in Seattle, Washington. Remarks from Jock 'n Jill store owner Chet James on why the store chose not to become a retail chain; Reasons behind the decision of...
- Performance Art. Leand, Judith // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p12
Deals with the efforts of performance footwear vendors to gain an edge with running specialty retailers and consumers as the running category continues to grow in the U.S. in 2004. Remarks from Asics vice president of marketing and communications Gary Slayton on the increasing popularity of...
- Room to Run? BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;11/29/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 44, p12
The article informs that all retail segments have profited from the desire of more people running for health. According to the Independent Running Retailers Association, mall retailers and family footwear chains have seen sales increase drastically due to popularity of running. It has been...
- Running Specialty Dashes Away with Run Colorado. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/1/2014, p1
The deal brings the buyer to 66 specialty shops, as consumer interest in health and fitness escalates
- RANDY BENEDICT. // SGB;Jul2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p60
The article offers brief information on Randy Benedict, Chief Operating Officer of Second Sole specialty stores, including details of his educational qualification, favorite quote and favorite business books.