Small Town Charm
- Keeping it Real. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p47
Presents an interview with Brian Priddy, president of Hibbett Sporting Goods, about his retail career. Career background; Keys to success; Factor that attracted him to Hibbett.
- A Tough Sell. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2007, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses sales forecasts for sporting goods retailers for the 2007 Christmas holiday season. According to the author, December 2007 is expected to be one of the slowest shopping seasons in years. Industry officials blame rising housing and credit costs. Other factors may include...
- Hibbett's team spirit leads to big profits. // Chain Store Age;Nov98, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p80
Features Hibbett Sporting Goods, ranked 29th on the list of High Performance Retailers in the United States. Net earnings for the year ended January 31, 1998; Financial results from 1992-1997; Factors for big profits.
- Soft economy can't stop Hibbett. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the success of Hibbett Sporting Goods stores' business strategy. Consistent sales and profit growth for the company; Operation of small stores in small markets; Percentage gains for the fiscal year which ended on February 1, 2003.
- Hibbett Sports, Inc. // Hibbett Sports, Inc. SWOT Analysis;11/20/2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of Hibbett Sports, Inc is presented.
- DATAMONITOR: Hibbett Sports, Inc. // Hibbett Sports, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Sep2011, p1
A company profile of Hibbett Sports Inc., which is is a sporting goods retailer, is presented. Data is included on revenues generated in fiscal year 2010, as well as principal business offered. Address and contact information is given, as well as statistics on revenues, financial year end data...
- HIBBETT HIRES PRESIDENT. // SGB;Aug2005, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the appointment of Brian Piddy as president at Birmingham, Alabama-based Hibbett Sporting Goods in 2005. Involvement of Piddy in Bombay Co.; Career background of Piddy in the sporting goods industry; Benefits of the move to Hibbett according to Hibbett's chairman and CEO Mickey Newsome.
- DATAMONITOR: Hibbett Sports, Inc. // Hibbett Sports, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2011, p1
A company profile of Hibbett Sports Inc., a sporting goods retailer based in Birmingham, Alabama, is presented. It presents an overview of the company, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. It also provides an analysis of the company's strengths,...
- MICKEY NEWSOME. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p64
The article presents an interview with Mickey Newsome, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Hibbett Sports Inc. He talked about his biggest mentor while growing up. He also talked about his first job and the turning point of his career. He also gave advice to people who are looking to...