SGB's Industry Forum
- Team Buying Groups Discuss Co-Locating Shows. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jan2006, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that executives from three major team buying groups are exploring the possibility of conducting future team shows at a common site. The National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) hosted a meeting on the subject that included Don Sonandres of the Athletic Dealers of America...
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- ROLLER FOREVER. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p98
This article presents several roller bags for skateboarding people. Alpine Divine roiling suitcase by L-R-G for $150. 9800 by Ogio for $180. Bradley by Etnies for $90. Viathan by DC for $180. Split Roller 120 by Dakine for $130. Des Grafik Omega Roller by Volcom for $190. 60/40 Convertible by...
- A High Price to Pay. Lunan, Charlie; Ryan, Tom // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article offers the author's comments on how the weakening U.S. economy and Chinese sourcing issues are forcing the sporting goods industry to rethink ways of doing business. It is predicted that prices are expected to rise dramatically during the next two years, mainly due to higher...
- SPORTS CENTER. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article presents the results of a survey on the sporting and athletic goods industry in Oregon which was held in 2013. Almost 68% of the respondents said that the industry is important for the state economy. According to 15 percent of the respondents, firms involved in golf and adventure...
- STATE yOUR BUSINESS. Newell, Kevin // Coach & Athletic Director;Feb2005, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p70
Presents the views of several athletic equipment industry executives on the present and future trends in the industry, as of February 2005. Views of Dean N. Baker, vice president of sales at Gared Sports --SSI Volleyball, on the state of the sports equipment market; Key features and advantages...
- On the Ball. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Presents information on Kids' Sportsworld, a sporting goods store for children in Chesterfield, Missouri. History of the company; Target age group; Financial performance.
- UPDATE. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p30A
Reports on the business performance of Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic store, Athletic Annex as of September 2005. Sales results; Competition.
- GEARING UP FOR WINTER. // Newsweek;12/16/2002, Vol. 140 Issue 25, p75
Details sporting goods designed for winter. Nike's Sphere running gear; The Yaktrax Walker, which fits over shoes and boots to offer extra traction; The Twilight Tracer, a golf ball that glows in the dark; Panoptx Cyclone sunglasses.