The Finish Line Launches Women's Concept
- Finish Line's New Chain Paves Way for Women. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/22/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 133, p12
The article reports on the women's athletic chain to be built by Finish Line Inc. in the U.S. The specialty retailer said that it may construct 200 stores across the country and that it will be called Paiva. The chain stores' target customers would be the 25- to 40-year old active women, who are...
- Paiva Runs For The Finish Line. // Retail Traffic;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p76
The article reports on Finish Line Inc.'s launch of the specialty chain store Paiva in the U.S. The retailer opened its first two stores in Austin, Texas and Massachusetts. The stores caters to women consumers ages 25 to 40 and sell workout gears. Finish Line plans to open 15 Paiva stores this 2006.
- Finish Line Turns in Solid Q1. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;6/27/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p30
Reports on the performance of Finish Line during the first quarter of 2005. Net income and sales posted by the sporting goods retailer for the quarter; Number of stores opened by the company during the period; Expectations regarding the financial performance of the company.
- Looking Back at 2004. Carr, Bob // SGB;Dec2004, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p16
Recounts issues concerning the sporting goods industry in the U.S. in 2004. Conflict between Foot Locker Inc. and Finish Line Inc.; Difficulty of operating a sporting goods chain from a department store mentality; Surge of outdoor megastores.
- Finish Line to Open 70 Units in '05. Finnell, Shari // FN: Footwear News;8/2/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the plan of athletic specialty retailer Finish Line to expand its operations in the U.S., as of August 2004. Number of stores to be opened by the company in 2005; Features of the stores; Sales performance of the company's existing stores during the first quarter of 2004.
- FAITH SKATE SUPPLY. // Transworld Skateboarding;Sep2007, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p232
This article features a store called Faith Skate Supply located in Birmingham, Alabama. It is noted that Faith Skate Supply is the only core skate shop owned and operated by a skater. Faith has been supporting skaters in the state since opening its doors in 1995. With two shop videos under their...
- Wise sporting goods watchers are curbing their outdoor enthusiasm. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p9
Comments on the growth of sporting stores in the U.S. Increase in the interest of outdoor activities among consumers; Surge in the expansion activity of sporting stores; Concerns on the unsustainability of the growth of the industry.
- Finish Line Heads Upscale With Women's Chain. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 69, p23
Reports on the women's athletic retail format of apparel firm Finish Line Inc. that targets female customers. Statement issued by chairman and CEO Alan H. Cohen regarding their concept; Number of potential stores for the format; Brands to be carried by the store.
- Running with the bigs. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/7/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p3A
The article provides information on The Running Co., a chain of specialty retail stores for runners and walkers in Indiana. The company owned by retired Olympic distance runner Bob Kennedy and collegiate All-American runner Ashley Johnson now have grown into four stores from a single boutique...