- Budget-Conscious Shoppers Impacting Retail Landscape. // Chain Store Age;Oct2008, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on a study by the American ShopperScape 2008 which found that shoppers are trading down to save money and are seeking one-stop shopping venues and stores closer to home to save time and gasoline. The study reports that power centers are gaining ground at the expense of...
- Retailers Face Cautious Holiday Shoppers. Breyer, Jackie // Retail Merchandiser;Dec2005, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the challenge facing retailers in dealing with cautious shoppers during the holiday season. An average family will be affected by high fuel prices. According to Ellen Davis, spokesperson with the National Retail Federation, many shoppers will be more cautious when buying...
- Town center slated for Lancaster, Pa. // Value Retail News;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p27
The article reports the opening of Granite Town Center shopping center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in fall 2009. This 190,000-square-foot (sf) project will reportedly be anchored by a dominant sporting goods retailer and tenanted by national and local retailers, service tenants, and cafes. The...
- Retail sales in Chile increase again. // Market: Latin America;Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the increase in retail sales in Chile as of November 2005. Revision of the Santiago retail sales statistics for August 2005; Increase in oil prices in Chile in September 2005; Outlook for retail sales for the rest of 2005.
- More Store Deliveries or Fewer? Both Make Sense. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;5/5/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 18, p14
The author reflects on the challenges confronting the food retailing industry amidst the increasing fuel costs in the U.S. He cites an example illustrating the competing and contradictory ideas related to store deliveries. He mentions an argument which states that frequent store deliveries can...
- CLOSER TO HOME. Enis, Matthew // SN: Supermarket News;12/17/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 51, p31
The author presents his outlook for the retail industry for 2008 in the U.S. He comments that fresh food departments in particular are in a great position heading to 2008 because the rising fuel costs encourage consumers to stay local when shopping for groceries. He also adds that high-quality...
- Tesco fuel deal 'may be last nail in coffin' for indie forecourts. Phillips, Beth // Grocer;2/12/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 7992, p13
The article reports on a warning issued by retailers that the new fuel price deal of Tesco.com could be the final straw for independent forecourts.
- BRIAN MADDERSON. // Forecourt Trader;Sep2011, p7
In this article, the author discusses the latest developments in the retail fuels market in Great Britain as of September 2011, including the tough competition in the market due to the instability of fuel prices and the closure of several independent retailers as a result.
- Opportunities for asset-light energy retailers may soon come around. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p154
The article reports on the opportunities for asset-light energy retailers with the high price climate in the wholesale energy market in Great Britain. It is noted that the rising cost of wholesale energy has created market signals for investment in increased supply capacity. These market...