Is Malpractice Insurance Important?
- CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICY. Sutton, Darren // Group;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p36
The article offers information on the malpractice insurance coverage carried by churches through their liability policy.
- State malpractice fund doles out $53.5 million. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p15A
The article reports that the Indiana Patients' Compensation Fund has paid $53.5 million on 84 malpractice cases in Indiana for the first half of 2006.
- Tort Reform Would Cure Med Mal Crisis. Tyrpin, Terry E. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/28/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p25
Recommends tort reform as the solution to medical malpractice insurance in the United States as of January 28, 2002. Increase in the size of jury awards in medical malpractice cases from 1996 to 1999; Amount paid by insurers for malpractice premiums in Texas; Information on the state-managed...
- Alliance Hits Leahy Bill For Putting Onus Of Med/Mal Ills On Insurers And Away From 'Broken' Tort System. // Insurance Advocate;2/24/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the Alliance of American Insurers' criticism of a bill proposed by U.S. senator Patrick Leahy that would exacerbate a national crisis in medical malpractice insurance. Prohibition of medical malpractice insurers from the use of limited exemption; Coverages of medical malpractice...
- Practical Advice From A D&O Insurer. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/17/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 46, p16
Provides tips for buyers of directors and officers (D&O) insurance in the United States. Importance of giving complete information to underwriters; Characteristics of the insurance carrier that should be assessed by the buyer of D&O insurance.
- The liability insurance you didn't know you needed. Burg, Brad // Medical Economics;01/25/99, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p101
Provides information pertaining to physicians' liability insurance in the United States. Risks that are not covered by insurance policies; Reasons why corporate immunity may not fully protect physicians; Reasons why many physicians need directors & officers liability insurance; Reasons why most...
- Hospitals seek new insurance. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);2/12/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pA1
Reports that Inland Northwest hospitals have begun battling runaway malpractice insurance premiums. Management of the rising malpractice-insurance premiums; Increase in the average liability premium paid by Washington hospitals; Basis of the hospital malpractice insurance.
- Insurer's Failure To Unite Dooms D&O Results, Asbestos Reform: Chubb Exec. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/17/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 46, p19
Examines the condition of the directors and officers (D&O) insurance sector in the United States. Legal issues affecting the sector; Steps that should be taken by D&O insurers to protect the business from liability issues.
- Why D&O premiums are going up...and what you can do about it. Klehs, Karsten // NACD Directorship;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p15
Describes the market of the Directors' and Officers' (D&O) insurance in 2002. Right ingredients for increased security litigation; Allegations against the company and underwriter defendants; Steps in any comprehensive D&O plan.