PATRICIA KERR, CMP
- Manulife's sterling pledge on Canada Life. // Money Marketing;1/16/2003, p8
Reports on Manulife Financial's hostile bid for Canada Life UK.
- Pacific Life Buy of Reinsurer Builds on Morris' Early Deal. Casacchia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p6
The article reports that Newport Beach, California-based Pacific Life Insurance Co. will buy the reinsurance business from Toronto, Ontario-based Manulife Financial Corp.
- Manulife Makes Unsolicited Bid To Acquire Canada Life. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/16/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 50, p25
Reports on the unsolicited bid of Manulife Financial Corp. to acquire Canada Life Financial Corp. in Toronto, Ontario. Queries of Canada Life on the proposed price in the Manulife proposal; Strategic options of Canada Life; Imposition of temporary limits on acquisitions involving newly...
- Manulife Financial Acquires Zurich Canada Group Business. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p312
The article reports that Manulife Financial has acquired the employee group life and health benefits business of Zurich Canada.
- Canada Life Gets $3.9B Manulife Bid. // American Banker;12/30/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 248, p6
Reports on a confirmation by Canada Life Financial Corp. (CLF) regarding the receipt of Manulife Financial Corp.'s proposal for the acquisition of common shares belonging to CLF. Reaction of the board committee of CLF to the proposal.
- Manulife, Thwarted in Canada, Eying a U.S. Deal? . Reich-Hale, David // American Banker;3/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p9
Reports that the Canadian insurance company Manulife Financial Corp. is ready to purchase in the U.S. market after losing a bid to expand by acquisition in its home market. Reason why Manulife allowed its multi-billion dollar bid for Canada Life to expire; Dependence of Canadian insurers on...
- Manulife acquires John Hancock, top-three investor in private placements. C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;10/6/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p2
Reports on developments related to Manulife Financial's acquisition of John Hancock Financial Services as of October 6, 2003.
- Manulife, Hancock form giant. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;10/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p1
The proposed merger of Manulife Financial Corp. and John Hancock Financial Services Inc. will create a new life insurance powerhouse, but for employer customers it will be business as usual. Toronto-based Manulife is a major provider in small employer business in the U.S., while Boston-based...
- The Manulife-Hancock Merger---Start Of Something Big? Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/6/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 40, p48
Reports on the acquisition of John Hancock Financial Services Inc. by Manulife Financial Corp. in the U.S. Terms in the acquisition deal; Implications of the merger for the life insurance industry; Level of merger and acquisition activity in the industry.