Industry Issues on Your iPod
- Listen Up: Industry Issues on Your iPod. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that BTC Radio has launched an Internet radio show hosted by Kevin Mitchell, chairman of the Business Travel Coalition, which focuses on meeting and travel industry issues. The 40-minute inaugural broadcast was part of a two-part discussion of the airline industry's financial...
- STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO NETCASTING. // Australian Personal Computer;May2002, Issue 281, p104
Presents a step-by-step guide to netcasting. Plugging the soundcard output of the source computer to the line in connector on the server; Installing the server; Configuring the Winamp; Playing the music.
- Radio freedom. Vandore, Simon // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p73
Focuses on the opportunities in online radio in Australia. First RealAudio broadcasts; Pros and cons of Internet radio. INSET: Australian Internet radio..
- To DJ or not to DJ? That is Internet radio. Regan, Tom // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 37, p18
Discusses Internet radio and the idea that listeners may not accept radio without disc jockeys.
- Internet radio proves to be no fluke. Frentzen, Jeff // PC Week;03/16/98, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p132
Discusses the proliferation of radio services on the Internet in 1998. The different types of Internet radio broadcasts; Industry leader RealNetworks' RealMedia streaming technology; Web sites cataloging the Internet radio offerings including AudioNet, BRS Radio, Digiband and others.
- Internet audio tools expanding their appeal. Frentzen, Jeff // PC Week;03/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p136
Reports on audio on the Internet in March of 1998. The market for music on the Internet which was tapped by RealAudio; The development of MP3 (MPEG Audio Layer-3), which provides CD-quality sound; Web sites dealing with MP3; The AU format for sound bites.
- Station to Station. Walker, Jesse // Reason;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p75
Deals with Internet broadcasting in the United States. Problems associated with Internet broadcasting; Description of the work of disc jockeys; Factors that led to the founding of the National Disc Jockey Association in 1959.
- ChickClick to Offer Custom Radio. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p12
Reports on ClickChick.com's launching of a radio program that allows its users to create their own Internet radio stations. Music featured by the radio stations.
- THE ONLINE RADIO EXPERIENCE. Jones, Steve; Loraine, Martin // Campaign;2/9/2001, Issue 6, p29
Presents radio internet Web site stations in Great Britain. Music featured in Storm Live; Services offered in Catchthegroove; Efficiency of Puremix Web site to offer playlists to users.