Another Airline Meeting Desk Scales Back
- Antitrust lawyers finally wake up. // Inside Tucson Business;8/23/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p16
The author reflects on the move of the U.S. Department of Justice to file antitrust lawsuit to block the proposed 11-billion-dollar merger between US Airways Inc. and American Airlines Inc.
- Us Airways Will Join Oneworld And Leave Star Alliance In March 2014. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Jan2014, p25
The article reports that according to an announcement from US Airways Inc., after the completion of its merger with American Airlines Inc., it will become a member of OneWorld and Leave Star Alliance from March 31, 2014.
- AMR-US Air OK'd For Takeoff. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/13/2013, pA01
3 U.S. prosecutors approved a settlement that clears the merger of American Airlines' parent
- Cargo transport not affected by American Airways/US Airways plights. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;8/22/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 34, pS2
Discusses the problems of two cargo airlines in the U.S. Reduction of aircrafts and employees in American Airlines Inc.; Bankruptcy court filing of the U.S. Airways.
- American Signs NDAs with US Airways, IAG. // Business Traveler;Oct2012, p10
The article reports that American Airlines Inc. has signed in a nondisclosure agreement (NDA) with US Airways Inc., along with the International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (IAG).
- Winging It. Elliott, Christopher // Newsweek Global;2/15/2013, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p1
This article reports on the merger between American Airlines and US Airways, highlighting the potentially negative side effects of the merger for consumers, the low customer satisfaction rates of both airlines, and American Airlines' attempts at rebranding itself following the merger.
- US Airways, American unions agree to push for merger. // Air Transport World;Jun2012, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the agreement between US Airways Inc. and American Airlines Inc.'s (AA) three biggest unions in April 2012 to support US-AA merger, which could overturn the plan of AA to merge with Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring into an independent carrier.
- AA/US pact imminent. // Travel Daily;2/11/2013, p3
The article reports that the airline companies American Airlines Inc. and US Airways Inc. have decided to announce a merger of the two carriers that would be worth 11 billion dollars, which would create the world's largest airline by routes operated.
- 30 Tucson flights cited in airline antitrust suit. // Inside Tucson Business;8/23/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the 30 Tucson, Arizona flights cited in airline antitrust lawsuit to block the merger of airline companies U.S. Airways Inc. and American Airlines Inc.