Financial Meetings Relocate Post-Katrina
- What's Legal? Baraban, Regina // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p11
Presents an advice from John Foster of Foster, Jensen & Gulley LLC of Atlanta, Georgia for organizations with meetings in New Orleans, Louisiana or anywhere else in the U.S. Gulf Coast in the after of hurricane Katrina in 2006 or 2007. Principle in contract law; Action to be taken by meeting...
- The "WHAT IF" SCENARIO. Bair, Betsy // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p19
Presents an interview with lawyer John Foster about the legal implications of Hurricane Katrina for groups planning meetings in New Orleans, Louisiana and other Gulf Coast locations. Legal considerations that groups should weigh or investigate with regard to whether they will be charged...
- Orkin's EXODUS. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p23
Describes how the planners for pest control giant Orkin Inc.'s President's Club, a four-day annual incentive trip in its 32nd year, jumped into action to move their trip after Hurricane Katrina damaged Hyatt Regency hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. Absence of penalties assessed to Orkin under...
- Picking Up the Pieces. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/26/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses the effects of Hurricane Katrina that occurred in late August 2005 in the U.S. INSET: How Hurricanes Happen.
- International Teddy Bear & Doll Auction. // Teddy Bear & Friends;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
The article presents information on the relief efforts of various teddy bear associations for the victims of hurricane Katrina.
- katrina VS. the superyachts. McCutcheon, Shaw // Yachting;Nov2005, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p92
Discusses the impact of Hurricane Katrina on superyachts docked at the shipyard of Trinity Yachts in New Orleans, Louisiana in September 2005.
- Navy Establishes Task Force to Help Sailors, Families Affected By Hurricane Katrina. Fitzsimmons, Kristin // All Hands;Nov2005, Issue 1063, p6
Presents information on the establishment of a task force and many other relief programs to help sailors and families affected by Hurricane Katrina along the Gulf Coast region in the United States.
- KATRINA'S LESSON. Searchinger, Tim // Odyssey;Mar2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the rapidly vanishing wetlands of coastal Louisiana, devastated by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Roofing manufacturer delivers relief. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Oct2005, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p18
Reports that W.P. Hickman Systems Inc., manufacturer of premium roofing and waterproofing products, has initiated a program to deliver supplies to areas in the South worst hit by Hurricane Katrina.