Qwest Braves Stagnant Convert Market
- Uranium One Makes Offer to Repurchase Convertible Debentures. // World Mining News;11/18/2013, p1
The article offers information on the notice by the mining company Uranium One Inc. to repurchase convertible debentures. It mentions that the company had announced to purchase for cash its entire convertible unsecured subordinated debentures at a price equal to 101 percent of the principal...
- CAN'T KEEP THEM DIVIDENDS DOWN. Ashton, Marc // Finweek;10/27/2011, p29
The article reports that Contingent convertible bonds are a way for banks to raise capital. Usually a company can get capital from debt and shareholder equity. It is stated that CoCos are basically bonds that will automatically convert into equity if the bank hits the skids. The article also...
- Agency Costs and Alternative Call Provisions: An Empirical Investigation. Allen, David S.; Lamy, Robert E.; Thompson, Rodney // Financial Management (1972);Winter87, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p37
This article investigates the influence of alternative call provisions on the re-offering yields of primary issue corporate bonds in the U.S. Issuers of long-term bonds almost always reserve some ability to call those bonds before maturity. The issuing firm's ability to call outstanding bonds...
- Corporate Motivation for Convertible Bond Debt Exchanges. Kahn, Nathan // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer82, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p327
Convertible bond debt exchanges are complex capital restructurings undertaken by firms that have deeply discounted debt. Finance theoreticians have analyzed these events in a bond refunding framework and concluded that they are nonmaximizing decisions undertaken to boost reported income. This...
- convertible bond. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p57
Information on a term "convertible bond" is presented. It refers to a bond that can be converted into the shares of a company, at a fixed price usually within a given time period.
- Wandelobligation (Ger.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p280
Information on the German term Wandelobligatlon is presented. It refers to a convertible bond.
- On or Off: There's no in between. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the business performance of the telecommunication industry. Reorganization of the Qwest Communications; Number of central offices of the company; Responsibility of technicians in conducting monthly maintenance checks of the battery system.
- Local Entities Must Deal With Communities Excluded From the Telecommunications Revolution. Stauffer, Mike // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p29
Assesses the status of the telecommunications industry in New Mexico as of December 2002. List of independent telephone companies in the state; Areas in which Qwest agreed to expand the local calling area; Initiative from the Northern New Mexico Telecommunications Advocacy Group.
- Qwest buries fibers of huge packet bandwidth to unbog the Internet. Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;01/05/98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Comments on the efforts of Qwest Communications Inc. to offer long-distance telephone services in the United States via the Internet. Use of conduits in connecting several cities in the United States; Rates offered to telephone customers; Books offering information on Qwest and the telephone...