Consolidation Could Hasten Among Gamers
- Returns from the Merger Boom. Sirower, Mark L.; Golovcsenko, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p34
Presents the results of an acquisition returns study conducted in March 2004 in the U.S. Number of acquisition deals included in the study; Statistics on the average returns to acquirers; Role of mergers in the economy.
- Characteristics of Merging Firms in India: An Empirical Examination. Kumar, B. Rajesh; Rajib, Prabina // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Jan-Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p27
The process of corporate restructuring through mergers and acquisitions has occupied much relevance in post-liberalization period. The financial characteristics of a firm play a critical role in the merger decision process. This study analyses the distinctive financial characteristics of the...
- Changes to takeover practice. // Accountancy;Feb1982, Vol. 109 Issue 1182, p45
This article highlights the recommendations made by the British Trade and Industry Committee in the report Takeovers and Mergers. When an acquiror has purchased 5 percent or more of a company's shares, he should be required to state publicly within 7 days whether a full bid is intended within...
- Abnormal Returns to Stockholders of Firms Acquired in Business Combinations and Leveraged Buyouts. Torabzabeh, Khalil M.; Bertin, William J. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p231
This study analyzes the returns to target stockholders under business combinations and leveraged buyouts surrounding the acquisition announcements. After controlling for the effects of transaction-related factors and firm-specific financial characteristics, target firms in business combinations...
- dealflow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p39
Lists key merger and acquisition deals announced in July 2004. Acquirer; Target company; Price of acquisition.
- To exit or not to exit isn't the question. Roang, Sverre David // On Balance;Sep2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
The article examines the pros and cons of 10 common exit strategies of business owners when mergers and acquisitions take place. These exit strategies include sale to a third party, sale to management, employee stock ownership plan, and sale to family. It states that regardless which route a...
- Making Takeover Programs Profitable. McKinley, Jud // Automotive Design & Production;Jan2009, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the feasibility of pursuing a takeover business strategy for U.S. companies. The entry notes that an effective business takeover requires foresight and planning especially when incorporating existing problem jobs to new operations. The section cites that takeover jobs can...
- A conceptual model for evaluation of synergies in mergers and acquisitions: A critical review of the literature. Kode, G.V.M.; Ford, J.C.; Sutherland, M.M. // South African Journal of Business Management;Mar2003, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p27
Assesses the significance of synergy identification and evaluation in the pre-deal stage of mergers and acquisitions. Extent to which synergy evaluation plays a role in determining the premium paid for an acquisition over the market value of the target company; Reasons for doing mergers and...
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p7
Presents a tabular list of worldwide mergers and acquisitions. Summary of U.S. public merger activity greater than $50 million; Private targets greater than &50 million; Summary of completed transactions.