Strategic Buyers Plumb Disease Management
- Returns from the Merger Boom. Sirower, Mark L.; Golovcsenko, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p34
Presents the results of an acquisition returns study conducted in March 2004 in the U.S. Number of acquisition deals included in the study; Statistics on the average returns to acquirers; Role of mergers in the economy.
- Characteristics of Merging Firms in India: An Empirical Examination. Kumar, B. Rajesh; Rajib, Prabina // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Jan-Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p27
The process of corporate restructuring through mergers and acquisitions has occupied much relevance in post-liberalization period. The financial characteristics of a firm play a critical role in the merger decision process. This study analyses the distinctive financial characteristics of the...
- Changes to takeover practice. // Accountancy;Feb1982, Vol. 109 Issue 1182, p45
This article highlights the recommendations made by the British Trade and Industry Committee in the report Takeovers and Mergers. When an acquiror has purchased 5 percent or more of a company's shares, he should be required to state publicly within 7 days whether a full bid is intended within...
- Abnormal Returns to Stockholders of Firms Acquired in Business Combinations and Leveraged Buyouts. Torabzabeh, Khalil M.; Bertin, William J. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p231
This study analyzes the returns to target stockholders under business combinations and leveraged buyouts surrounding the acquisition announcements. After controlling for the effects of transaction-related factors and firm-specific financial characteristics, target firms in business combinations...
- The Best of Times For Healthcare M&A. Abrams, Sandra Lee // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p34
Comments on the volume of merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the healthcare industry in the U.S. Expectations of healthcare M&A bankers by 2006; Comment of Michael McIvor, head of healthcare M&A banking at Banc of America Securities LLC, regarding the flow of deals; Areas in healthcare that...
- dealflow. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p39
Lists key merger and acquisition deals announced in July 2004. Acquirer; Target company; Price of acquisition.
- Chapter 17: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. // Pension Trustee's Handbook;12/1/2005, p151
Chapter 17 of the book "The Pension Trustee's Handbook," 4th edition, is presented. It highlights the issue of mergers and acquisitions of companies relative to the pension position, the would-be subject of unwelcome takeovers. This chapter gives the background to the problem, and suggests some...
- Post-merger integration starts before deal is done. Montgomery, Janelle // Fort Worth Business Press;7/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p26
Comments on the recovery of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market as of July 2004. Reasons for the failure of many M&Q transactions; Importance of integration planning for an M&A transaction; Issues that need to be addressed during the planning and integration process of M&A transaction.
- Consolidation Could Hasten Among Gamers. Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p12
Reports on the condition of merger and acquisition deals in the video game industry in the U.S. Inclusion of video game companies among the private equity firms' portfolio of investment; Assessment of investment bankers regarding the merger and acquisition deals in the video game industry;...