New Twists Emerge In Registration Saga
- The Hedge Fund Fight Is Not Over. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 233, p15
Reports that the officials of the Managed Futures Association (MFA), which was one of the groups that opposed the battle over registration of hedge funds, has expected someone to file lawsuit against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Argumentation of MFA that SEC does not have...
- Despite Pressures, It's Business as Usual for Hedge Funds. Amend, James M. // Money Management Executive;1/9/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that the hedge fund industry is ignoring the growing transparency demands despite the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) regulation. But for hedge funds, such transparency jeopardizes their business strategy. According to Boston-based research firm Cerulli...
- Why Following Hedge Funds' 13Fs is Not a Foolproof Strategy. Taub, Stephen // AR Magazine;3/16/2015, p3
The article discusses revisions of 13F filings or quarterly reports filed by institutional investment managers after getting special permission from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Topics discussed include common occurrence of hedge funds revising earlier filings, most revisions to...
- Recent SEC Administrative Proceeding Against Hedge Fund Adviser Illustrates Classic Application of Integration Principles and Limitations on Private Offering Exemptions. Felsenstein, Steven M.; Reilly, Terrance J. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q3, p1
The article discusses the administrative proceeding issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against a hedge fund investment adviser on July 8, 2005. The respondents established a hedge fund in 2000 and 2002 which the SEC integrated as it found no material differences between...
- Hedge Fund Transparency At Issue...Again. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Sep2007, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p14
The article highlights the emphasis given by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) on hedge funds. The SEC creates a working group for hedge funds in its enforcement division to combat insider trading. This division will be a liaison with other federal law enforcement agencies and...
- Ripples from SECs Hedge Fund Move. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/18/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 40, p11
Focuses on the move of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to require hedge fund registration. Advantage of the move for pension; Growth of pension investments in unregulated investment pools; Registration of hedge fund.
- Hedge funds. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the growth of hedge funds in the United States. Comparison of growth between hedge funds and managed futures; Registration of hedge fund managers at the Securities and Exchange Commission; Performance of several hedge funds in April 2004.
- As Hedge Funds Mature, They Look to Upgrade Operations. Radigan, Joseph // Securities Industry News;8/21/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
The article reports the ruling of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on hedge funds was invalidated by a federal appeals court. New demands are being faced by companies as hedge fund mature. Operational efficiency and infrastructure is needed to handle pot-trade processes of the funds.
- Rochdale Launches New Hedge Fund. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jan2008, p4
The article reports on the launch of the Rochdale Core Alternative Strategies Fund by Rochdale Investment Management LLC in the U.S. The fund is Rochdale's first U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)-registered hedge fund offering. In addition, it is the natural extension of its...