- Piper Jaffray Plans to Expand N.Y. Trading Desk. Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;5/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 94, p2
Presents the expansion plans of Piper Jaffray Inc., a banking arm of Bancorp, in New York equities sales and trading office. Views of the head of equity trading on expansion; Favorable market conditions for the expansion; Reasons for expansion.
- Rethinking Pre-Trade. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 244, p42
Focuses on efforts of institutional brokers to bring the science of pre-trade transaction cost analysis to their buyside customers. Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.; Piper Jaffray Cos.; Lehman Brothers.
- WestLB aims for 7% return with structured product. Scott, Philip // Money Marketing;6/22/2006, p14
The article reports on the structured product designed by WestLB AG in Great Britain to provide investors with an income of 7 percent a year until 2009. The capital protected high-income plan 1 will offer returns linked to the performance of sterling swap rates and had protected capital...
- Middle Market Investment Bank Deals Continue with Piper Jaffray's Edgeview Buy. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/24/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the plan of Piper Jaffray Cos., which provides middle-market merger and acquisition investment banking services, to acquire investment bank Edgeview Partners LP.
- Should Boutique Consultants Be Grateful for Lehman Brothers? // AiCIO;Sep2013, p7
The article discusses the escalating status of boutique consultants after the collapse of financial services firm Lehman Brothers in 2008. Sunil Krishnan of British Telecom (BT), suggests that their readiness depends on whether higher revenues from originating deals with their clients are sought...
- LEHMAN CUTS COSTS BY FOCUSING IN ON SERVER CONSOLIDATION. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;7/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p9
Reports that financial services company Lehman Brothers Inc. has been focusing on server consolidation in order to cut costs of its information technology infrastructure. Percent of servers being used by the company as of June, 2003; Strategy implemented by the company for consolidating its...
- West LB scores CPS merger/ABS activity. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p9
Reports that automobile lending firm Consumer Portfolio Services has closed its previously announced acquisition of TFC Enterprises. Term securitization of TFC collateral; Restructuring of a TFC banks warehouse line; Arrangement of all three deals by West LB, which is continuing to provide the...
- PRODUCT MATTERS. // Money Marketing;11/25/2004, p80
Focuses on the first product Performance Seeker launched by West LB Bank of Germany for the money market in Great Britain. Capital-protected investment plan; Advantage of the lifetime of the plan; Product brand recognition.
- Mellon, WestLB Form a Joint Venture. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;9/22/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 183, p18
Reports on the creation of a joint asset management venture between Mellon Financial Corp. and the German financial services company WestLB AG. Announcement that the joint venture will use Mellon's global distribution platform; Speculation on the price of the transaction.