WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- GIVING TRENDS IN THE EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH IN AMERICA. Inskeep, Kenneth W. // Review of Religious Research;Dec94, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p238
Using data from the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the paper examines giving trends and the impact of several congregational practices on giving. Per capita giving to ELCA congregations increased over the last decade while giving to the synods and national organization of the...
- Luther's Call to Resistance: "Not with Violence, but the Word". Strieter, Thomas W. // Tikkun;Summer2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p105
The article offers information on theologist Martin Luther. It states that one of the main criticisms of Luther's followers has been that they have been unwilling to address systemic injustices within society. During Luther's time, because Germany had only a Catholic religious administrative...
- Business Enterprise. McAleese, Mary // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p14
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Ireland President Mary McAleese in a Garden Party for representatives of business enterprise, conference ambassadors and tourism interests at ï¿½ras an Uachtarï¿½in on July 21, 2003 which focused on business enterprises.
- So long, Mrs. Robinson. Hillenbrand, Barry; Connelly, Tony // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/10/97, Issue 45, p90
Questions whether Mary McAleese, who was voted Ireland's president in late 1997, can outshine her predecessor, Mary Robinson. Details about the election race; Issues debated; Background information on McAleese.
- President addresses ISDH. // Journal of the Irish Dental Association;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p163
A photograph of Irish Dental Association (IDA) President Mary McAleese together with the Executive Committee of the Irish Society for Disability and Oral Health, is presented.
- Chartered Accountants House Officially Opened by President Mary McAleese. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2010, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the opening of the Chartered Accountants House, which was spearheaded by President Mary McAleese in Dublin, Ireland on December 8, 2009.
- Leader Biography. // Ireland Country Review;2009, p40
An upcoming biography of Mary McAleese, president of Ireland, is presented.
- DUTCH CULINARY SALUTE FOR PRESIDENT OF IRELAND. // Irish Food;2011 International Edition, p46
The article focuses on an official business luncheon held in May 2011 at The Grand in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in which Irish President Mary McAleese has been welcomed by a group of Dutch Michelin chefs and Chefs' Irish Beef Club members with favourite Irish dishes.
- Taking communion causes stir. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;12/26/97, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p9
Reports that Irish President Mary McAleese created a stir when she received communion at a Church of Ireland service.