Columbus and the Beginning of the World
- It's Time to Pack, Columbus! // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, Special section p1
The article presents a lesson which teaches children about the provisions brought by explorer Christopher Columbus when he went on a trip and sailed for many days.
- Medieval foothold in the Americas. Deagan, Kathleen; Cruxent, Jose M. // Archaeology;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p54
Presents information on Christopher Columbus' second voyage across the Atlantic in September, 1493. Information on his 17 ship fleet; Details on the only medieval-style settlement in the New World; Findings of Columbus' home in the Dominican Republic. INSET: A settlement plagued by misfortune,...
- Columbus finds a new world. // Florida Forts & Missions;1999, p2
Reports on the expedition by Italian navigator Christopher Columbus which led him to the Caribbean in October 1492.
- In 1492... // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/11/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p6
Talks about the voyage of Christopher Columbus in 1492. Argument of some people on honoring Columbus; Contribution of Columbus to history; Columbus's route from Spain to North America and his route back home.
- No. XVI: Of the Ships of Columbus. // Life & Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Volume II);3/1/2006, p180
An appendix that offers information on the ships used by Christopher Columbus in his voyages is presented.
- No. XVII: Route of Columbus in His First Voyage. // Life & Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Volume II);3/1/2006, p182
An appendix that offers information on the route of Christopher Columbus in his first voyage is presented.
- No. XXXII: "Navigatione del Re de Castiglia delle Isole e Paese Nuovamente Ritrovate". // Life & Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Volume II);3/1/2006, p220
An appendix that featuresthe earliest narratives of the first and second voyages of Christopher Columbus that appeared in print is presented.
- No. XXXVIII: A Visit to Palos. // Life & Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Volume II);3/1/2006, p234
An appendix that offers information about the present state of Palos and its inhabitants that led Christopher Columbus made the journey is presented.
- SAILING WEST. Coupe, Robert // Travelers & Traders;2003, p18
Christopher Columbus sailed west from Spain in 1492 to find a trade route to Asia. He did not know that America existed, so when he landed on an island in the Caribbean Sea, he thought he had arrived in Asia. Although he is said to be the first European to reach America, the Vikings had been...