Christmas in Sudan
- Tallying the trail of tears. // U.S. Catholic;Dec97, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the involvement of Guatemala's Catholic Church in documenting testimonies and evidence of human rights violations in the country.
- Argentine bishops express remorse for inaction in 1970s. // National Catholic Reporter;4/28/95, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p7
Reports that senior bishops of the Roman Catholic church in Argentina have issued a statement expressing remorse for not having done more to prevent violence and human rights abuses during the dirty war between the military and the leftist in the 1970s. Confession of an ex-Navy captain; Moral...
- With Scrip and Staff. // America;11/24/1934, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p159
The author reflects on human rights issue in Mexico in 1934. He asks how much is there in catechism to inspire the mind to a sense of moral obligation in the wide matter of justice. He says that the issue in Mexico is enough to stir Catholics and quotes Archbishop Ruiz, Apostolic Delegate to...
- Calendar Watch. // Slice Magazine;Dec2014, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p18
A calendar of events in December 2014 is presented which includes Human Rights Day, Hanukkah, and Christmas.
- How to fix anti discrimination law. Rayner, Moira // Eureka Street;
The article presents information on the opposition of the Australian Catholic Bishops to the new human rights consolidation bill passed by the government. The bishops argue that the bill lacks the ability to protect religious freedom. However, that author states that, in reality the bill is...
- Editorial RES 1/2015. Tobler, Stefan; Pavel, Aurel // Ecumenical Review Sibiu / Revista Ecumenica Sibiu;Apr2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Christianity, catholic traditions, and human rights in Islam.
- Signs of the Times. // America;12/3/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 18, p4
Presents news briefs related to Catholicism as of December 3, 2001. Dedication of a library in South Carolina by Trappists; Address made by Catholic Near East Welfare Association director Robert Stern; Statement by the Vatican concerning the role of religious freedom in human rights; Others.
- Libraries and Human Rights Education. Bell, Carmine J. // Catholic Library World;Dec2006, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p112
The article argues that Catholic libraries are well-positioned and equipped to foster greater knowledge and understanding of human rights. It discusses the evolution of the concept of human rights. It presents the highlights of the document "Universal Declaration of Human Rights," adopted by the...
- Human Rights in Argentina. DRINAN, ROBERT F. // America;10/10/1981, Vol. 145 Issue 10, p198
The author explores the violation of human rights in Argentina. He cites the issuance of a statement from the Catholic bishops of Argentina on July 5, 1981 alleging that the military government practiced illegal repression in the tactics in its war against the guerrillas. Also explored are...