Wireless Mesh Networks
- Energy Codes and Building Controls. Stranske, Gail // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p40
The article offers information on the energy codes and standards for buildings in the U.S. It reveals that the two leading standards in the country are Standard 90.1 referred to as the Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings and the International Energy Conservation...
- 5 ENERGY EFFICIENCY TIPS. // Finweek;9/9/2010, p12
The article offers tips for energy efficiency which include smart scheduling use of lighting and air-conditioning equipment, training the staff on new technology, and using daylight in providing natural light for interior spaces.
- Automated Demand Response. McGowan, Jack // Energy & Power Management;Feb2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p8
The author reflects on the contribution of technology on energy conservation in the U.S. The issue on the bulk of energy management has been tackled. It is stated that the utilities had no way of knowing the exact efficiency and demand limiting has been implemented. Also discussed is the...
- Basic conservation strategies can lead to big savings. Stark, Anna // Hotel & Motel Management;7/1/2009, Vol. 224 Issue 8, p16
The article provides helpful ideas on how to have an effective energy conservation strategy in hotels in the U.S. It advises that hotel operators should use the Energy Star Portfolio Manager tool from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency because it will enable them to track and manage the...
- It All Starts with One Element. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p86
The article offers suggestions related to home energy management and mentions the enhancement of lighting modules.
- Achieving steady improvements. Napper, Simon // Works Management;Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p54
Explains the role of monitoring and targeting in reducing energy consumption. Importance of accurate measurement in identifying energy consumption and tracking improvements; Establishing a starting point or baseline; Detailed quantification of consumption.
- Spend to save. Baker, Paddy // Works Management;Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p60
Reports on the increase interest in energy-saving equipment in Great Britain. Description of the Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme; Body-panel manufacturer, Mayflower Vehicle Systems' cost savings in its paint plant motors after installing the ABB drives; Equipment covered by the ECA:...
- EFFICIENCY: NOT JUST FOR ENERGY USE. Santacana, Enrique // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p91
The article discusses how energy efficiency can be applied in the transmission and distribution aspects of power systems. An overview of the amount of energy lost in the energy generation process is presented. It emphasizes the need to reduce the transmission and distribution losses in the U.S....
- A city cooler, dimmer. // CCPA Monitor;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p23
The article reports that the city of Juneau, Alaska has reduced its electricity use by more than 30%, establishing itself as a role model for how to go green. Through the effort, public sauna has been closed and the lights dimmed at indoor swimming pools. Evidence of the new civic...