THROUGH THE WIRE
- For Kids or Adults--It's Still Programming. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p41
Features Rich Ross, president of entertainment at cable network Disney Channel. Reputation in the field of television broadcasting; Contributions to the operational success of Disney Channel; Background in cable programming.
- Some-holds-barred fighting. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;06/23/97, Vol. 127 Issue 26, p54
Describes the new rules adopted by producers of `Ultimate Fighting Championship' sporting events to make the matches more appealing to cable television operators. Profitability of the pay-per-view bouts; Establishment of weight-specific classes; Requirement for fighters to wear martial arts...
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;11/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 221, p2
The article offers updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Rich Ross of Disney Channel will participate as a clown in the Thanksgiving Day Parade of Macy's. The Silverdocs 2006 film festival will be held in Silver Spring, Maryland from June 13 to 18 according to...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p28
Presents photographs of several executives from the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Can cable ever live to its interactive promise? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);1/18/2002, Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the views of cable company executives on the industry in Great Britain. Number of households with access to interactive digital content; Conversion of analog homes to digital; Leverage of cable over broadcasters.
- People. // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p36
Presents information on executive appointments in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2002. Charles Holmes to senior vice president of CNBC; Tina Waters at Comcast; Jean-Charles Dagenais at Cable Satisfaction International Inc.
- PEOPLE. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p40
Features some executives in U.S. cable television business. Role of Cynthia Carpenter at AMC Networks; Information on Nelson Mower of Middle America Cox; Position of Joe Schlosser at Hallmark Channel.
- Wonder Women Hall of Fame: Previous Wonder Women. // Multichannel News;1/27/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p46B
Lists names of various successful women executives in the cable television industry since 1999. List of women executives who were successful in 1999; Women executives who were successful in 2000; Names of women executives who were successful in 2001.
- PAST HONOREES. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p28
The article lists women in the American cable industry who were honored by the periodical "Multichannel News," from 2000 to 2006, which includes WideOpenWest's Colleen Abdoulah, Oxygen Media's Debby Beece, and Brave Network's Frances Berwick.