NBC Agrees to Buy Out Paxson
- PAXSON DENIES REPORTS OF PAID PROGRAMMING SWITCH. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p15
Focuses on the comments made by Paxson Communications Chairman and CEO Lowell Paxson regarding the claim that his company is favoring paid programming instead of entertainment programming. Reason behind the plans to change the entertainment programs; Information on an arbitration hearing faced...
- Broadcast News. // CableFAX Daily;11/8/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 217, p2
The article reports that NBC Universal has took control of Paxson in a restructuring deal in the U.S. The station-ownership capitalization of the Federal Communications Commission prevents NBCU to acquire all the stations of Paxson. CEO Bud Paxson resigned as part of the restructuring. Brandon...
- NBC Gains Right to Buy Ownership of Paxson. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;11/14/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p8
Focuses on the acquisition of the right to buy controlling stock ownership of Paxson Communications Corp. by NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S. Replacement of Paxson founder Lowell Paxson as president and CEO by Brandon Burgess; Amount to be paid by NBC Universal to Paxson Communications public...
- NBC Uni ends long-running Paxson battle. Gough, Paul J.; Szalai, Georg; Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/8/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 37, p1
The article reports that NBC Universal Inc. and broadcaster Paxson Communications Corp. unveiled a broad new agreement on Monday that settles their long-standing legal and financial disputes. The deal includes the departure of Paxson founder Lowell Paxson as chairman and CEO and gives NBC...
- Putting the "I" in Pax TV. Eggerton, John; Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 27, p7
Focuses on the implications of the plan of Paxson Communications to change its Pax TV network into I brand for the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Disagreement of NBC Universal to the move of Paxson; Disadvantages of the strategy according to executives in the syndication industry;...
- Paxson buying majority of American Network. Zier, Julie A. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/25/94, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p43
Reports on Home Shopping Network founder Lowell Paxson's move to buy 68 percent of the American Network Group Incorporated (ANG). Paxson's intention of moving his company into the public arena; Paxson Communications Corp.'s loan to ANG; Assets of ANG; Stations owned by Paxson Communications.
- Paxson building infomercial net. Zier, Julie A. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p102
Informs about Bud Paxson's attempt to purchase TV stations. Details of the Paxson Communications business.
- Paxson's not worried if must-carry goes. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/16/96-12/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p16
Profiles Lowell `Bud' Paxson, the chairman and majority shareholder of Paxson Communications Corporation in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Paxson: Stations in search of a network. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;03/10/97, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p10
Reports on Paxson Communications founder Bud Paxson's plans to link with a programmer to create a seventh broadcast network in the United States. Negotiations with major programmers for the venture; Acquisition of stations up to the legal limit of 70 percent coverage of the country; Television...