Malone's Back to Tracking
- QVC net joins Liberty's fraternity. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;7/14/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the decision of John Malone to purchase a percentage of Comcast's stake in home shopping network QVC in California. Terms of the deal made by Malone with QVC; Amount paid for the stocks; Impact of the move on operations of Comcast.
- Comcast, TCI make peace with QVC bid. Flint, Joe // Variety;7/25/94, Vol. 355 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the joint bid made by Comcast Network Corp. president Brian Roberts and Tele-Communications Inc. prexy and Liberty Media Corp. chairman John Malone for QVC Incorporated. Tensions between the two QVC shareholders prior to their bid; Plans for Comcast to manage QVC; Pricetag for the QVC...
- PMS hits 2007 target despite Q4 disappointment. Milner, Leah // Mortgage Strategy;1/21/2008, p14
The article reports on the business performance of Premier Mortgage Service (PMS) company in Great Britain. According to the report, PMS hit its lending target in 2007 despite experiencing lower than expected business volumes in the fourth quarter. It was inferred that PMS will be recruiting up...
- Malone again, naturally. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p10
Reports that a television network company, Liberty Media Co. through a series of complex maneuvers has taken control of three interactive TV companies for the price of one. Role of the chief executive officer, John Malone in the deal; Names of the TV companies taken over by Liberty Media.
- Completions up by Â£4bn at PMS. // Mortgage Strategy;8/28/2006, p8
The article reports on the increase of mortgage completions of Premier Mortgage Service by almost Â£4 billion compared with the same period in 2005 in Great Britain. Completions of Â£16.7 billion from January to June is shown by figures from its half-year results. According to John Malone,...
- Heart of the deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/23/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 23, p16
While last week's closing of the takeover of home shopping network QVC Inc. gives John Malone's Liberty Media Corp. hold of a much-needed operating asset, the technical details of the deal will keep Liberty shares under pressure over the near term, according to Wall Street analysts. The...
- Liberty voting blocked. Flint, Joe // Variety;7/18/94, Vol. 355 Issue 11, p17
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc. John Malone's dissatisfaction over Comcast Corp.'s 11th-hour bid for QVC, which blew out Barry Diller's plans to merge with CBS. Reorganization of partnership on QVC; Provision under agreement on corporate strategy.
- Gather Round the Hearth and Listen To the Tale of the Two Deal Markers. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p14
Discusses how deal makers and cable operators, John Malone and Brian Roberts handled the July 3, 2003 settlement of QVC ownership. Information the home shopping partnership of Liberty and Comcast Cable Communications Inc.; Implications of the deal for Comcast.
- Starz! shining anew in channel rebranding. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/8/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 48, p17
The article reports that John Malone's Starz Entertainment Group was bracing itself for a period of audience confusion and Nielsen declines when it kicked off the rebranding of its 13 pay TV networks, including the mothership channels Starz! and Encore. But now that the ratings for April 2005...